Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service vehicle light

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service vehicle light

I dont know where to put this so ill try here. My car has been acting really funny. My abs in op light blinks with my brake light and then my service vehicle light comes on. At times just the brake light will come on with the service vehicle light and at other times just the abs inop light will come on with the service vehicle. They seem to go on only with hard cornering or hard shifting as if something is loose. I checked the brake fluid level and it is ok. There are no codes when i scan the pcm either. Any thoughts
Old 09-26-2005, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

The only thing i did before this happened is i installed a Wideband A/F gauge and to aeroforce interceptor scan gauges.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

please just a hint to have a starting point.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know what's going on, my ABS light has come on a couple times seemingly for no reason, but then went off a few miles later. If you have TCS check the connections at the rear wheels, if not check the ABS connection at the top of the pumpkin. Only thing I can think of...sorry not much help.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Ok lets try this....

1) What sets off the service vehicle light?

2) What sets off the ABS inop light?

3) What sets off the brake light?

4) Could having something pluged into the OBD II port at all times set these off?

5) There is a ground under the kick panel on the drivers side, what is this for (i used this ground for my gauges)?

6) Could the fuse panel on the drivers side of the dash have anything to do with this (i wirered in my 12v from here for my gauges)
Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

No one has any ideas?
Old 10-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Teching In

I had a similar problem. i.e. ABS light, service vehicle light, brake light would come on and off . ASR (Camaro SS) would flicker off and on. I finally figured out the problem. I knew it had to be a wire loose cuz it would seem to flicker when I hit bumps on the road. It really bugged me so i started feeling around the engine for loose ground wires. I found a ground wire loose near the Auxilary battery terminal on the driver's side. It was the ground wire that was right next to the shock bolts. It was directly north of the auxilary battery cable. I had forgotten to tighten it down and it was just bouncing around when I hit bumps. That was two weeks ago and haven't had it happen since. Hopefully, it is something as simple as that.

John
San Diego