Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trex cam; problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trex cam; problem?

What I have is an '01 SS Camaro. I installed the cam, put comp cams dual valve springs, titanium retainers, crane pushrods in the heads. Hooker super comp headers, slp lid are also on the car. I had it dyno tuned and pushed 424HP and 404TQ. The problem is my IAC blew up and my MAF doesn't read any thing. We replaced the IAC and it works fine, then we changed the MAF still doesn't read. If this is normal let me know if not does anyone know possible causes.
Thanks in advance, Andrew.

I might add, that I read the driveability is some what normal... not in this case driveability sucks. But it runs great, as in hard. Also I have stock gears on an M6. I know that could be why driveability sucks.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitesscamaro
What I have is an '01 SS Camaro. I installed the cam, put comp cams dual valve springs, titanium retainers, crane pushrods in the heads. Hooker super comp headers, slp lid are also on the car. I had it dyno tuned and pushed 424HP and 404TQ. The problem is my IAC blew up and my MAF doesn't read any thing. We replaced the IAC and it works fine, then we changed the MAF still doesn't read. If this is normal let me know if not does anyone know possible causes.
Thanks in advance, Andrew.

I might add, that I read the driveability is some what normal... not in this case driveability sucks. But it runs great, as in hard. Also I have stock gears on an M6. I know that could be why driveability sucks.
ROFL. Who told you drivability would be normal?
In my light little Vette with a 4.10 gear and the Futral Motorsports F15 236/239 .600/.611 on a 112 +2, the drivability is borderline. I couldn't imagine a heavier car with more cam and less gear. Ugh.

Mike
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Teching In

I didn't expect driveability to be good just what I read that people were doing it. I couldn't imagine driving this car every day, just an emergency today... It sucks.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitesscamaro
I didn't expect driveability to be good just what I read that people were doing it. I couldn't imagine driving this car every day, just an emergency today... It sucks.

I'm forced to drive the Vette everyday because I lost 90% of my belongings and my DD in Katrina. Not too bad, but I don't like putting miles on it.

Mike
Old 09-26-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always wondered if these really big cam set ups feel like dogs from stop light to stop light.

Of course, as I'm sure you already know, TR reccommends 4.56 gears for that cam.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Yeah, i know the gearing is wrong but around tax season I will be purchasing a 9" so no need to put money into the stock rear. "Dog" is right from stop light to stop light.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Teching In

ttt please