Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX ICeman Solenoid And MSD Window Switch...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX ICeman Solenoid And MSD Window Switch...

My window switch went bad the other night (first FULL run on the NX solenoid, well not quite full). The window switch itself is not sending the ground through the yellow wire, and per MSD, the window switch is bad. I need to send it back for a rebuild for $32 (not too bad, but its only a year old).

My question is, with the amperage rating on the solenoids, could this cause the window switch to go bad? If so, what window switch am I supposed to use???

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

You switch should be connected to the relay. if its connected to the noids yep that will kill it.
Ricky
Old 09-26-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
You switch should be connected to the relay. if its connected to the noids yep that will kill it.
Ricky
It's connected to the relay, and the relay is still good. I am guessing that probably means the noids are not the problem lol, easy enough to rule that out.

Is this just something common with the digital window switches? I have heard of this happening a bunch of times before...
Old 09-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Not sure, about that, but if you are not getting ground out, at the set RPMs when it was working before I would have to say yep its shot.
Ricky
Old 09-26-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Not sure, about that, but if you are not getting ground out, at the set RPMs when it was working before I would have to say yep its shot.
Ricky
MSD set it's definately shot, and they didn't blame anyone. Usually that means it's an internal/useage problem. Thanks for the reply though.

BTW, I ran an 11.3@127 with the solenoid turning off in 4th gear (do to faulty window switch) on a 100 shot/.055 jet. On nov. 11th I'm trying the .078 jet/200 shot at the track (already been tested on the street )