Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Building a sleeper, advice appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Building a sleeper, advice appreciated.

First off the car is a 70 El Caminio. I have changed directions on my Elc build. I wanted it to be a bad looking street/strip car, which would probably end up in me cutting the value into a fraction of what its worth so here is where you guys come in. I have a 1070 010 truck block, and will be building a very stout bottom end, but instead of bolting on a set of aluminum heads and intake, and all that good stuff. I want to have an all iron top end, and paint the motor chevy orange and put that big ugly metal air cleaner on too. I plan on spraying a good 200-250 shot of nitrous so that will make up for the poor performance of the top end. I would like to run bottom 11's, and I think its very feasible. So mainly, my questions are which iron heads are good for this build. I'm considering the World Products Sportsman II's, do ya'll agree. Which is the best old school intake and what are the best exhaust manifolds. As you can tell I want it to look like it did in 70, blue bench seat interior and everything. Thanks, and I'm sorry my post is so long. Tim.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look into the lunati voodoo cams. they are good for up to 200 worth of nitrous. i have the 60102 right now. very streetable. if you can get the latest issue of high performance chevy they use a voodoo 60103 with vortec heads and got 411hp and 200 nitrous and thats 600+hp. good luck

Quick Reply: Building a sleeper, advice appreciated.