Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Interior Lights

Old 09-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lights

when i turn my my lights on in the interior on the switch to the left of the steering wheel nothing happens? but when i click the two ones on the mirror they come on, but the back one has never came on, also when i open the doors they dont come on either? i replaceld the bulb and it still doesnt work? what gives, could it be a fuse or what
i also tied my radar dector into the light wiring on the a pillar but that shouldnt effect it at all, they still work fine.
thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Banned

Default why wont my interior lights work?

my interior lights dont come on when i open up my door or anything but when i manually turn the ones on the rear view mirror on they work fine, but on the other hand the rear one does not come on at all, i knw it isnt the bulb cus ive replaced that and im not sure if its the fuse?
what gives?
thanks
Old 10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

Default interior lights dont work?

whats up with my interior lights? when i turn them on none come on but when i manually do the front ones they work.Even when i hit my unlock key on my key fob none of the lights come on. And for the rear they never come on, i took it to gm and the dumb bastards said it wasnt working cus i spliced my radar dector into the front lights on the A-Pillar, but i undid and and the rear ones still didnt come on, the wires for the rear light dont even run thru the a-pillar? i changed the bulb, is there a seperate fuse just for that light?
so i need yalls help please
thanks
Old 10-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It sounds like the white wire to the BCM has been cut or disconnected. This is the ground path for the courtesy lights back to the BCM. Without it, only the map lights would work with their own switches because they then use a separate path to ground through the black wire.

You didn't cut or break the white wire in the A pillar when installing your radar detector did you? Actually, you shouldn't have used the white wire at all. It might be possible that you burned out that circuit of the BCM if you tapped into that wire. The proper way to hard-wire a radar detector is to run a new wire down to the fuse panel or to one of the ignition wires under the steering column.

There is only one fuse related to the courtesy lights and all the lights run off the same fuse. It's in the main fuse panel on the end of the dash and is labeled "COURTESY".

Search this Thread