PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird problem tuning on the dyno

Old 09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird problem tuning on the dyno

I ran into a problem tuning my car on Saturday that I have never run into before -- with my car, or any of the other cars I have tuned/helped tune.

Basically I would load a program, then start the car and start to make a pull. Everything was still at operating temperature. The air/fuel would just stay right at 14.5 -- like the car was trying to regulate for normal driving. I would then have to turn the car off, then back on and make another pull -- which would end up giving the right air/fuel at WOT -- upper 12s.

It did this everytime I put a new program in -- 7-8 times. Just wondering what was up with this.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have cats? and how long did you let the car idle, part throttle between runs? airpump still connected?

Ryan
Old 09-27-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No emissions of any kind on the vehicle. Air pump gone, EGR gone, Cats gone, COT enable turned off. None of that stuff has changed in a long time.

Let the car idle for a minute while I turned on EFIlive to monitor -- everything same as I've always done. Part throttle as I went through the gears to start the dyno.

Search this Thread