Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$l60E problems....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default $l60E problems....

For the past few months it seems as if my tranny feels like its slipping. I will be crusing at about 30mph with the a/c on and when I give the car gas the car stutters and shakes and I really dont go any faster. It seems like it has a hard time hooking into first gear but Im not 100% sure because Im no tranny expert.

I was thinking maybe to replace the Control and Shift Solenoids and add the TransGo shift kit. I would like to add a converter, but I would like to get this problem fixed first.

Ive changed to fluid once in the tranny, it has almost 76K miles so do you think replacing the Control and Shift Solenoids would help at all?

Old 09-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same prob w mine a 98 a4 as well. Some people said its a tuning issue some said o2's. Check your rpm's during your stutter. Mine is always in between 1500-2000 I just usually put it in d to get it out of that range quicker.....let me know what u find out if anything and ill do the same. BTW....I was also told that if it was the o2's more than likely I would throw a code...I haven't......so tuning issue??????