Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

storing heads...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default storing heads...

im in the process of buying some stock ls1 heads with the stock valvetrain with the exception of 918 springs. can i store it untill i get a cam (about a year give or take) and if i can how would i go about keeping them in good shape. the guy im buying them from is shipping them loaded, would it be ok to keep them loaded as i store them... thanks
Old 09-29-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They'll be fine...just keep dust out...box em up.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oil them up and box them.

Nothing bad should happen.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fill a kiddie pool up with 2500 quarts of german castrol, and 100 bottles of lucas oil stabalizer and dunk the heads in. Then cover the pool with four or five large tarps and use a comealong to tighten the tarps against the sides of the kiddie pool. Then crate the pool up. Caulk the gaps between the wooden crate. Then wrap the crate in shrinkwrap. Makesure to store the shrinkwrapped crate on blocks up off the floor. Wrap this whole thing up in aluminum foil (or copper if you can affor it) to shield from RFI. Ground the foil to earth with copper wire incase of lightning strikes.

Or you could just oil them up and keep them in a box like the other guys said... That might work too.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Fill a kiddie pool up with 2500 quarts of german castrol, and 100 bottles of lucas oil stabalizer and dunk the heads in. Then cover the pool with four or five large tarps and use a comealong to tighten the tarps against the sides of the kiddie pool. Then crate the pool up. Caulk the gaps between the wooden crate. Then wrap the crate in shrinkwrap. Makesure to store the shrinkwrapped crate on blocks up off the floor. Wrap this whole thing up in aluminum foil (or copper if you can affor it) to shield from RFI. Ground the foil to earth with copper wire incase of lightning strikes.

Or you could just oil them up and keep them in a box like the other guys said... That might work too.