Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 swap guys SkipShift ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 swap guys SkipShift ?

I am going to have to use the resistor to disable my skip shift because the stupid *** SES light is on and I have to in for emissions. Has anybody ever disabled the Skip Shift using this method. I know I have to tap into the white wire in the A4 plug and then run the other end into a hotwire which I will use the pink wire for the rear O2 sensor. My question is do i have to jump these wires or could i just cut the white wire run it to the resistor and then run the other end of the resistor into the pink hot wire on the o2 and call it a day. How would I protect the resistor from the elements and not letting it get wet. Someone please help me here I need to go for emissions on Wednesday. I thought about just getting the code deleted for the cags but due to schedule problems it is hard to meet up with the guy I found that is willing to do it for me. He is a great guy but I live a long ways away from him and he goes to bed early.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is no difference between jump them and cut the white wire.
However: I wouldn't cut the white wire just in case you want to reinstall an A4 someday.
My T56 is on the way and I'll just eliminate the error message: this to keep the harness as original as possible.
To protect wires I use shrink hoses.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't plug anything into the skip shift....I just deleted the codes