33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Sell it or keep it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sell it or keep it?

We found a leak in my block during the tune that is from the oil feed channel that leads to the crank, the area is poreous and oil is seeping through it, i always thought it was a rear main seal, the rear main was leaking, but it was fixed and now we've found this other leak, they said that its apparent now 1. because when i put the ls6 pump in its pumping more volume so its causing it to bleed thorough more than w/the ls1 unit, and 2. since the rear main is now fixed there is more pressure on the poreous area. They say a new block is required, and with college and all i dont have the funds to buy a new block. Can this problem develop or get worse, or has it been there from the factory? The shop has said that there have been vettes they have worked on with the same problem, but they left it because it wasnt as bad because of the ls1 pump. What would you guys do with it? I really really dont want to sell it, but i dont know what to do.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious from my past friends' experiences, cant you have problems like this from putting in too much oil or what exactly can happen from too much oil?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

If it was me I would keep the car and fix what ever needed to be fixed.but this is just my opinion.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

Keep it and get a stroker kit for it.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i say keep it if it isnt your main source of transportation, drive it till it breaks, then garage it and save up for a new engine (maybe a part-time job while at school if your not already working).
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

or get a second job if you find yourself spending too much time with the girlfriend on hanging out at the bars too often of watching too much of the tv.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scrmnws6
or get a second job if you find yourself spending too much time with the girlfriend on hanging out at the bars too often of watching too much of the tv.
LoL yea thats exactly what I did. Once my college basketball season was done mid march I would do nothing so I got a second job on top of my job at school as a bartender on weekends and would pocket like $500+ working just friday and saturday night. Thats how I managed to pay my car off early.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Black04HD
Just curious from my past friends' experiences, cant you have problems like this from putting in too much oil or what exactly can happen from too much oil?
Not like this because it involves the porosity of the metal. This would have ocurred during the casting of the block.

But yeah if you really like the car. I would keep it if at all possible and save for repairs. They won't be making anymore of these cars soon, maybe not ever.