Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dyno Charts Mash-Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno Charts Mash-Up

Robert's dyno graph made me curious how the Z06 power curves compare with his NOS setup and the turbo from STS. Pretty darn close! I made this chart FYI only. The numbers are just rough estimate from viewing graphs on the web. I put the numbers into excel and saved as a webpage. Look in the lower left corner for Tabs to view HP, TQ, and Data. What I'd like to see on this chart is another curve that has Turbo and NOS!! Anybody got one?

Z06 HP Chart

Old 10-03-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good but you might want to include more info as to the mods on each setup. For instance is the STS making 5 psi or 7? Is it intercooled or non-intercooled? Meth or no meth? Etc. Same on the N2O numbers. What kit and what jets? Single or dual stage, etc. That way a person who hasn't seen the webpages can get something meaningful out of it.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Good idea - I'll work on it!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Glad you made over here Chris. Once again nice work. I also agree with Charris on putting a little back ground info on cars for a better comparison.
Here's thread with info on my set up if anyone is really interested.
Dry N2o kit/info

Here's a Turbo Tech kit on Ryan k's Camaro (T-76), if you didn't see it allready Chris (he's thinking maybe a turbo or two for his vette).

Robert
Old 10-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Thanks Robert. I updated the chart - now it's better. That's a nice graph from Ryan, his TQ numbers break thru 500 ft/lb at 4K RPM! I'm not sold on STS, but waiting to see how it works out for the first buyers. TTi is more likely, but then the new kit from A&A needs to be considered. This is just some research to compare how the power might look after switching from NOS to Turbo. I still wonder what it looks like with both...

Old 10-03-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

N2O's and turbos are not unheard of and I'm betting it's a good combo with the STS in particular (they do have some lag). However, I would be more willing to pay double if required for a TTI just to not have to deal with the STS in this climate. STS is good for the rarely driven, sunny day drive to the track set. TTI is good rain or shine!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, Ryan's car is making mondo torque. That's what I want to try to do, 500lb ft across a much broader rpm. May be doable with a bigger 1st, and second coming on about the same and of course the 3rd taking the end job. We will see.
Robert
Old 10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

TTT, hoping Ryan K will see this, and put out some of his insight.
Robert
Old 10-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Pathological Modifier

There are so many options in the High Performance world!

Each has pros and cons. It really comes down to what you want to do.

Turbo's are a great route and make gobbs of power and torque, they do it fairly reliably and have enough street manners for a day to day use vehicle. I personaly would stay away from the STS turbo system. The kits have one fatal flaw; the need for an oil return pump. There is NO reliable continuous duty oil pump on the market today. The TTi kits are all gravity drain. I won't even talk about the issue of mounting the turbo so far away from the engine.

Ryan "Turbo=Good" K.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Yeah sometimes I think the STS kit seems kinda hokey. Waiting to see how it works, if guys slap em on and run or it might be a flop. The A&A kit needs to be finished and tested. Looks like TTi has good stuff. I saw a guy with a C5 Stage1 kit at corvetteforum (ICULUKN-C5) made these numbers. Another guy with similar numbers says methanol is the torque bomb.

With 15# boost, on 91 octane + methanol
560/720 RWHP

Old 10-05-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here's part of a E-Mail I got from another Z06 bud,

Cool. thanks for the heads up.

I had a long talk with Andy at A&A yesterday.

He has an air to air kit using the Vortech blower head that apparently makes about 500-525rwhp on 6-7 pounds boost. The kit is all inclusive and goes for $5,500. Thats half the price of the TTI TT kit. For a daily driver, i can't see wanting any more than 500rwhp.

How much would a nitrous kit similar to yours cost?

M
Robert

Quick Reply: Dyno Charts Mash-Up