Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A lil help here..

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A lil help here..

my brother has a 95 GT with a flowmaster catback ,CAI, 3.55's, Edlbrock upper and lower intake. and he claims cams and heads. noww his car is falling appart.but thats not the point..he wont race me..but he tells the world he will smoke me.. now im completly stock( but i have the SLP catback that comes stock) so the 335 package..my cars an 01 ss M6 . im pretty sure i can beat him but i dk
Old 10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I've had a run in with a 95 with similar mods,(he lives down the street) it wasn't even a contest, he got walked badly in fact I thought he quit racing
If he ain't willing to run his car like he does his mouth, tell him to STFU
Old 10-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a 95 has the 5.0 in it as I recall, so it would be a "Cam" not cams...also, if his car is "falling apart" then I doubt he has AFR's and a custom cam (which is what he would need to even think about racing you.) Flowmasters and CAI are not worth much, the 3.55's help, but are a church going gear...YOU NEED 4.10's with a car like his. I would say he runs maybe 14.3-15.0 without head/cam. If he REALLY DOES have a nice H/C combo, then he could be 13.3-14.0 or so. But i doubt it. Race him...im betting on the LS1 in this case. He would need about 275-325 rwhp depending on how he hooks to even touch you. And as they say..."He aint got enuff"
Old 10-03-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

You'd prolly win. The SLP package doesn't really mean much, just so you know. 94-95 had the 5.0. The SN95's got the 4.6 in 96. Why won't he race you?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

he is scared of being beaten...AN LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1, reguardless of the foofoo they claim to have put on it and hte extra's on the dealer option cost list...its an LS1 and it doesnt matter SLP,Firehawk,SS,Formula, etc. they all run about the same.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Launching!

im not really sure why he wont race me. he tells me storys of him racing other cars (always claiming the win but ive heard other from the people in the car) so i think after i took him for a ride in my car he got scared? i don't know he is really big on his image infront of people and everytime i see him hes with his gf so he wont race me im gonna tell him ill give him a car or 2 legnths ahead of me and see what he says
Old 10-04-2005, 02:53 AM
TECH Resident

I really only have 2 words for someone like that.... Ricer Biotch!! For his **** talking and not racing!!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Banned

He is a ricer. Call him out in front of people and put $20 on it. Tell him "look, I am tired of you always running away from this, now you have some people to watch you beat me, so either put up, or save us all the trouble and shut up." THen he...image conscious as he is will either run you or STFU hopefully, either way, he will be watched...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Teching In

It would probably be a pretty good race if he does indeed have heads and cam like he says. Although you said the car is falling apart so maybe it is running like a pile and wouldn't have a chance anyway. Anyway, my buddy had a heads/cam 95 and it was pretty fast. The stock heads on those cars don't flow worth a sh*t, so it really woke up with the new heads and cam. He raced a few modded LS1's and would get out on them from a dig or low roll. Usually it ran out of steam up top though and the LS1's would start to come back. It was a fast car though, it used to throw me back in the seat when he took off and it pulled pretty hard. But if he's going to just run his mouth that he would beat you but never race you then like everyone said, tell him to STFU.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Launching!

ahhaha alright thanks guys
Old 10-15-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Heah it has been roughly 10 days or so since the last post on here, what has gone on? You guys race, or he still talking ****?
Old 10-16-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
I really only have 2 words for someone like that.... Ricer Biotch!! For his **** talking and not racing!!
you want ricer bitch huh??

sorry for the OT, but a kid in town has a 03 GT with short throw, nothing but cats, and a K&N drop in. I raced him one time before he got the short throw when I was on my crappy Nitto DR and was having 1-2 shift problems (it was quick shifting) but still beat him by about 2 car lengths. I then raced him again one day on my crappy bald 15" winter tires and lost by 1.5-2 cars because of a severe loss of traction. since then I've gotten the car tuned up and tuned and happened to run into him the other night and ran him for a really quick 30-60mph and I destroyed him. He leaves me this post on a local forum wanting to race, and this is even worse then the fast and the furious movie

Here is the deal...

1. We race again, both running street tires, no "Drag Radials"...
2. No bullshit about hooking up
3. Camera to record the win for whomever.
4. No passengers.
5. Dead stop-100mph
6. Best 2 out of 3 wins.
I guess this kid's never heard of run what you brung.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Launching!

well i ended up on 275 with him the other day and we slowed down to about 50 (i droped it in 2nd) and lanched ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over him i mean just murdered him ..not once but 5 times...everytime it was mroe n more cars i pulled, eventrually i pulled 7 cars on him at the end. i dont think he had heads n cam lol or he just cant drive?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kill, thanks for the update....Guess he wasnt all that he said he was...oh well...Like the man said, run what ya brung, he just didnt have enough.