New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long until you got all of your mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long until you got all of your mods?

As the title says, how long did you have the car before you were a "full bolt on car" or beyond. We just had a GTG and I felt like the little guy out of the group as the only thing I have done on my car is GMMG and a Lid, altho I also got new tires all the way around but I've had the car sence april. I'm also 2 months ahead on my car payment ( which helps with the credit union ). I was thinking about getting a cam, but before I did that I want the supporting mods because what's a car that can go fast but can't hook?

Opinions and stories welcomed!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still working on mine, probably will never be done, there's always the next mod. With a wife (who doesn't come close to understanding modding a car) and kid it's sometimes hard to justify $400 for headers, $700 for a cam, $2k for heads, but I'll get there.................................. eventually
I'm lucky in one respect, I have alot of friends who aren't particularly handy around the house, (I don't say this'll cost x dollars for me to do, but if someone offers, I don't say no) so that's another source of income that I use to mod the car, the porch I enclosed, that bought the catback ,the linolieum floor= lid, some other small projects= shifter and short stick, birthday= SFC, Xmas will probably= headers & Y pipe
Some of the appearance mods I just get from Ebay, or do myself.
It'll be a long time till mine's done, but half the fun is dreaming about what's next
Old 10-03-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

week 1- lid and a shifter
month 1- electric cutout
month 9- headers
1 year- 9 inch with slicks
1 year 2 months- ls6 intake
almost 3 years- only thing stock is the chassis...... well most of it
Old 10-03-2005, 10:45 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

coming up on 1.5 years, lid and catback only.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm at almost 2 years. All my mods are in my sig. I figure i won't be done for a long time to come still at least a dozen more things i want to do to it.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Most people can always find another way to mod their car. For me,I don't think I will ever be finished.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:49 AM
On The Tree

LOL...Well, depends on how quickly my money tree blooms again
Year 1/2 and this is all I got. Of course, with the GTO being new...it was tough going modwise unless it was engine related. But I am in no hurry. New parts will be tested, proven or fail. I do my homework and get the most out of my buck. Like many...it will always be a work in progress.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Import Patrol

Well for me, I ordered some part for my ta, a day before I picked it up at the dealership. I am going on 4yrs this feb. It took me this long to get all the mods listed below.

violant cia, slp maf, home ported tb, msd wires, copper plugs, mac headers, ory, qtp elec. dump, magnaflow exhaust, tr rvs 230x224, nx wet shot, msd window switch, botte warmer, 15lb battery, Stage 3 4L60E, TCi SSF 3500 stall, moser 12-bolt, 3.73 gears, (had hypertec pp3), Brembo rotors, Hawk performance pads, spohn torque arm, bmr sf, slp stb, weld prostars, 28inch hoosier slicks, all the free mods, and alot of appearence mods. etc
Old 10-04-2005, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Had It Since Last Feb. Mods In Sig I Just Got My Headers And Y Last Month.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine for about a year and a half now and have the mods in sig. Wish I had the money to do everything I wanted to but that would probably take the fun out of it.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Launching!

2 mths for full bolt ons, never ending on all the other stuff! Its getting airbrushing as I type. Then off to the mechanic for suspention mods, then off to chevy for a new dash, then the new motor.......it never ends. I laugh and tell my wife the only places I drive my car is to car appointments.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been modding since Jan 05 and still going. I did have the car stock for 2 years though.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Had mine 2 yrs this month mod's in sig. Having an 8 rib tensioner installed as we speak. It never ends.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Launching!

I don't know about you guys...but..when i have some cash to spend.. I pretty much know right away what i am going to get buy how much cash is available. I've mad so many wish lists and calculated so many totals it's not even funny. Acctually it's kinda sad..lol. I would say i'm at least half way done with what i want to do. I've only had mine almost a year. It's pretty much were all my money goes. I've always been into cars and have wanted a camaro for as long as i can remember. So i'm pretty much intent on making it something unique when i'm done. Taking it one dollar at a time.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Teching In

After the first bolt-on where you beat someone that you couldn't before, or "seat of the pants" in dramatically increased, you're then only limited by wallet weight. It never stops. Ever...T (BTW, tsup bro? Told ya it was like this. More addictive than _____)
Old 10-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ynot
After the first bolt-on where you beat someone that you couldn't before, or "seat of the pants" in dramatically increased, you're then only limited by wallet weight. It never stops. Ever...T (BTW, tsup bro? Told ya it was like this. More addictive than _____)
WASSUP BRO!!!! You were right, damn you for selling me this car. It never ends. Great to see you joined the forum.......C
Old 10-04-2005, 06:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's the journey, not the destination....
Old 10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

got the car in July
lid after a week
catback after a month
headers and y-pipe after 2 months
SFC's waiting to be installed
now I gotta figure what I wanna do when I get some more money
Old 10-04-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive had my car almost a year, mods are in my sig!

my plans are: by june of 06 i'll have all my suspension done, by x-mas of next year ill hopefully have a 9"/cam/90-90 intake... and after that its most likely gonna be all appearance (diff rims, sunoco hood) the skys the limit... or wait... is my wallet the limit?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Bro said post this as an example of vehicle mod addiction. Here's my work truck:

"2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Clubcab/Shortbox: LLY Duramax w/ VVT turbo, Allison auto, white w/custom ram air GoodHood and Tough Country Elite bumpers and guard, Custom Flow tailgate, MotoMetal 18"s w/Nitto Grapplers, 3 amp 2200wt XM/CD, Cobra Mini, Global Map 2000, Viper alarm/start, Baker auto shutdown, Line-X everywhere, DZ40 bed tank, B&W Turnover goose neck, Roadmaster adjustable overloads, AutoMeter gauges, Rancho 9000X adjustable shocks w/pump and remote gauges, KD CalTracs traction bars, KD light kit, SuperDiesel stainless tie rod sleeves & centerlink, Mag Hytech trans and dif. covers w/Amsoil blends, full ATS 1000hp trans, Edge Juice/Attitude w/KD tune, Predator, HotPPE#2 extreme, custom LLY Duramaximizer rail box, custom KD20 injectors & adjustable boost control, AFE2 intake, 4"SS exhaust, Holley black pump, PS2000 100lb. propane injection, remote NX 2 stage .125 w/heat and dash gauge, stage 2 Snow water/meth injection. 1 year old and half done... "

In December the motor comes out for pistons and rods, cam, porting, headers and down pipe, 80psi turbo and 30,000psi stooopid GPH injection pump. Next year I'll be bored again and prolly start the Nova build. It really never ends, believe me...T