Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mounting QTP's

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mounting QTP's

I just bought Eddies QTP setup...Todds old setup which happens to have the wheels that I sold him off my Z28..wierd.

Anyways one of them needs a tube, I have no idea who to take it to down here, is there a good place for that sort of thing up there, maybe when I pick them up I can go to and have fixed while I'm there??

Also will this setup ride Ok with the radials up front? I know the ET's are iffy with that setup but didn't know about the QTP's if not what kind of tire could I put on a 17 inch rim that would be??

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got a spare tube I like running my 275s up front when i am not going for all out passes. makes the car more stable for me
Old 10-03-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto everything Ellis said....
Old 10-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

About time Bobby! Those will knock a half second off your quarter mile time.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn I hope its more than that, even a half second would still mean I have the slowest 400rwhp Z06 in existance I did feel a little better when others in the Z06 forum said they had started in the 13's and got down to low 12's with practice...of course those are stock cars. Shoot you have to figure I have more HP then Robert56 NA and he is in the mid 11's!!!

Although on a 2nd gear roll I walked a 04 cobra bolt on pullied cobra pretty damn good
Old 10-04-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

My biggest gain was the addition of 12-inches of big meat (315 18). I made 9-passes on stock tires and said to myself no way. Got the Bfgs and on my fifth pass I did the n/a time below. I also followed Rangers launch Tech, and it works. Knocked about .500 off my 60'er and that equates to about .750/.800 on ET. Next year (reason I passed on these tires) I may run ET streets in 10.5 17 or 390 17 M&H DRs, if I can get them underneath. Maybe all out slicks? Keep with it you'll get your time down.

Robert
Old 10-04-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I tried Rangers advice but with my tires it just wants to spin, I mean if I go WOT at 3k in 2nd from a roll its like burnout for most cars, so even if I can somehow get it to launch without lighting it up it I still can't punch it in 2nd even after shifting.

I'm hoping that for my power levels and needs the 9.5's will do OK shoot they can't be any worse than the stock tires. I was just about to pull the trigger on the BFG's like yours but for $50 bucks shoot if it doesn't work out I can put them on the Z28 and Really TRY to bracket race
Old 10-04-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I know, when I saw $50, I said to myself get them anyway, but then thought let someone else get the deal cause I want bigger. I agree though, they will certainly help lower your ET.
Robert
Old 10-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

50 BUCKS!! WTF!! Damn, I missed out on some good **** the last couple weeks.

Get em warm and those should hook great for you.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

On my 3rd run the inner tube exploded on the drivers side. I purchased an inner tube from Summit that fits the tire but the valve stem is to large in diameter to fit through the hole, it goes in about half way. I have two of these racing tubes that I paid $80.00 for them, if anyone can use them let me know and I'll make you a deal. I also have a permacool tranny cooler I bought from Texas Speed with an Autometer temp. gauge. I'm selling all the racing stuff I bought.

Racing became a money pit with some bad experiences, so I'm pricing everything very low and getting out of the racing part of it. Just trying to get the car back to stock. The car has a lot of fibration on the innerstate after I had the suspension mods put on. It's going to another shop tomorrow to get looked at. Hopefully I can get the T/A back to where I can enjoy driving it again, it's been a real nightmare to say the least.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Vibration at hi speeds is usually just tire balance Eddie. It could be alignment related since it looks like you lowered it, but I'd bet it's the tires.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hello Mark,

It was after the adjustable torque arm, LCAs and prothane tranny mount were installed that I noticed this. When I went home on the interstate after picking the car up I felt and heard fibration all through the center console. I went to Formula tire in Marysville and had all the tires balanced. When I drove home from Marysville I noticed the fibration was slightly better, but not much better. It's down at Brad's Custom Auto in Lake City right now getting the stock tranny mount and stock underdrive pulley installed. They are going to align the front end too. I've heard a few complaints from people who put in the prothane tranny mount, in regards to the center console fibration. If this doesn't help I will have the tires balanced again and go from there.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Its the TRanny mount trust me, its OK on M6 cars but on an A4 car its pretty brutal. I have pretty high tolerances to that kind of stuff and had to take mine out in a week of driving. I think I would have just done the tranny mount first.... although I have some cowl shake on my vert I think that is "normal"
Old 10-05-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hello Bobby,

I'm hoping the tranny mount is the culprit. I'm glad to hear this from a local board member, I sure hope that's the problem. I'll know tomorrow for sure when I pick it up.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Teching In

I had a similar problem after installing a BMR adjustable torque arm. It hit or vibrated against the the tunnel when the car was going over bumps or when there was several people in the car. I modified the torque arm to allow use of the holes that allowed mounting it closer to the driveline.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DoghouSSe Dude
I had a similar problem after installing a BMR adjustable torque arm. It hit or vibrated against the the tunnel when the car was going over bumps or when there was several people in the car. I modified the torque arm to allow use of the holes that allowed mounting it closer to the driveline.
That is true but what I'm assuming is this is a constant vibration you feel through the center console, even when idling it will do it a little and when you put it in gear it is even worse. It basically shakes the gear shifter, its kinda crazy in a daily driver. I'd rather replace a tranny mount every once in awhile

If its banging then that could be something else entirely!!! TA could definately be hitting as well as the intermediate pipe which does on my vert.

Quick Reply: Mounting QTP's