Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

ok sorry to bring this up again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ok sorry to bring this up again...

sorry but i just have to bring this up again. i am really freaking out about my car now. still the same old cooling problem. i just got done bleeding the system, and it still over heats. the fans are now coming on, but that seems to do nothing. yet, when the temp gauge hits the 3/4 mark, the high speed fan kicks on and that seems to keep it from rising, but after a few seconds it turns off. so i don't know if it is one of the temp sensors. when ever i turn a coner or even back up, that seems to make the temp go down. while i was bleeding it, when it was reading 235* i could still touch the intake manfold. i am at a loss, and need some major help. i took the 170* tstat out to see if that would help, but it didn't. i also boiled the tstat to see what happened, it opened up about 1/2 an inch, and it opened when the water was boiling. also i don't know if this means anything, but i was trying to figure out why my coolant looked so black. so i tried mix both dex-cool, and the green stuff. it smelled the same as what is in my car. which smells like if you poured some sugar onto fish to sweeten it, the like the fish rot. i know that sounds wierd, but has anyone else noticed that too?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

mods, can you delete this one
Old 10-05-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jewbacca
mods, can you delete this one
Mods..what are those?

Those symptoms are strange...someone seriously needs to have a look at your car. I wish I knew more about them, I would help in a heartbeat...you aren't even that far from here...hmmmm
Old 10-05-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Resident

well z angel, i hope i finally figured it out. i talked to my friends dad who was a gm tech and is rated in the top 5 tech in the country. i told him the symptoms, and he said that it sounded like the system had a clog somewhere. he thought it was either the impeller was seized, or gunk cloged it. when i told him that big-o put dex-cool in my car he said that gm didn't start putting dex-cool into cars until 96 or 97. some cars may have had it, but he never saw any. he also told me to open my radiator cap and see if there was coolant flowing into it (i know, i should have done this sooner ). he asked if the coolant smelled bad, and i told him what it smelled like, and he said that is kinda what the mixture smells like. so i am going to call big-o and demand they flush the system a few times, and put the green stuff in. and if that doesn't work, then i will change the wp, cause i guess it doesn't leak out the weep hole unless the bearings go bad. but i don't think it is that, because it did flow a little bit, like when there was enough pressure to get by what ever was blocking it. and when i bled it today, the bleeder on the tstat housing barly burbled anything out, yet the one for the heater shot like old faithful. one more thing he said is that because my heater would only blow cold air, that is what also led him to it being a blockage.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

oh, and one last thing, did those pictures oh my car finally make it to you. if not, i hope to make it too hooters on friday, so if you or ellis is there i could hand them off to either one of you. or even to someone who will see one of you two soon.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh, and one last thing, did those pictures oh my car finally make it to you. if not, i hope to make it too hooters on friday, so if you or ellis is there i could hand them off to either one of you. or even to someone who will see one of you two soon.
The pics did make it...I'm going to try to upload the updated web pages today

I do hope you get your car figured out...what a pain...
Old 10-06-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

all is well finally. i went over to big-o, and they figured out that is was two thing. my fans weren't coming on, and there was a blockage in the system. to make the story shot, they got everything work fine. i feel so much better. now i get to make it down to hooters tomorrow, so i hope to see you guys there.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

all is well finally. i went over to big-o, and they figured out that is was two thing. my fans weren't coming on, and there was a blockage in the system. to make the story shot, they got everything work fine. i feel so much better. now i get to make it down to hooters tomorrow, so i hope to see you guys there.

Fantastic! I'm glad they fixed it!

Quick Reply: ok sorry to bring this up again...