Sponsored by:

After 7 Years...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default After 7 Years...

I'm finally dropping in the bottle.

If all goes as planned, I will be hooking up my NX wet kit with some help of my buds (Loudmouth LS1 and another gearhead) this Sunday.

The reason for the loooooong wait is because me and the wife always disagreed over n2o. Nothing has changed really, I just finally thought *fug it* and life is too short not to have this much fun. Her main concern is that if get all blowed up, the car will sit for a long time before I would have $$ to rebuild. (Which is true )

With that said, I will take whatever last minute advice anyone can give me with tricks on the install. Both of my buds are VERY knowledgeable, but perhaps someone had an idea that could make the difference in making good HP/TQ without a motor

I got the NX Gen II package with the FPSS (wish me luck), bottle gauge and heater, purge and blow down. I added the BMN box with 1st gear lockout, and the control switch panel from Speed Engineering in Fresno.

The car is a H/C/Full Bolt Ons making 413/383 SAE (cam is 224/581/112) on an M6. 'Going with a 100 shot. See sig for specific mods.

Thanks and wish me luck
Old 10-04-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What a great list of mod's.. I realize that you were requesting comments about the safe use of no2, but, your set-up is far too classy. A car that runs 11's @ 120 MPH naturally aspirated is a whole lot more impressive than a car that will still run in the 11's & a little higher trap speed on NOS. Good-luck with the NOS & I'd limit it to a 75 shot. Sweet ride.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, thanks for the comments

I have been told by my local buds that I am underdriving it at the track with 60's only in the 1.8-1.9 with MT DRs. Moroso doesn't hook so it makes it tough. They say I am babying it and should be getting 11.5's.

Hmmm 75 shot huh........I never thought of that. The engine only has 12,000 miles on it too.

Hey, that's food for thought. I mean I DID ask for safety advice, maybe that's a piece right there

edit: I will also be putting in TR6's gapped at .035
Old 10-05-2005, 12:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a sweet set up.Congrates.
Dave
Old 10-05-2005, 06:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Sounds like a sweet set up.Congrates.
Dave
Thanks to you my friend Shoot, I better make sure everything is in the boxes, I haven't opened them since I got them from you, and hid it all in the boat in the garage...
Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

Good luck with the installation, amigo!

I'd start with a 75 shot (the numbers in my sig, dyno and track, were on a 75 shot), then move up to a 100.

I just recently put the 100 shot jets in my own setup after installing an upgraded (Lingenfelter) fuel pump, but haven't gotten the chance to do any testing yet.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:25 AM
11 Second Club

P.S.- My wife never complained about ANYTHING I did to either the 1999 Camaro SS we previously owned nor the Corvette (even though I originally said I was not going to mod the 'Vette and meant it at the time ).

However, she HATED the idea of me getting a nitrous kit mostly because she never heard anything but negative things about it and those damned "Fast & Furious" movies didn't help any either.

Anyway, when we went to Corvettes @ Carlisle this year and our car dynoed in the top 9 for the weekend (6th) and she finally let me spray while she was in the car, she did then come around and doesn't have a problem with it anymore.

Last edited by XTrooper; 10-05-2005 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

For safelt, I would start with the 75 shot and work your way up gradually. Be sure to have use the WOT switch, FPSS, and a window switch. I would also go with an upgraded fuel pump for the added safety. Be sure your bottle pressure is not too high when you spray also, as this will lean you out andf risk blowing the motor. Just take your time doing a proper install also, its pretty easy. If the 75 runs OK, then you can go ahead and try the 100 shot, then if thats OK maybe a 150, but that may be pushing the stock internals since you alreay make 413HP. Your main conceren here I think will be the timing issue, just make sure there is no pinging or any of that and you wil be OK.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brad8266
For safelt, I would start with the 75 shot and work your way up gradually. Be sure to have use the WOT switch, FPSS, and a window switch. I would also go with an upgraded fuel pump for the added safety. Be sure your bottle pressure is not too high when you spray also, as this will lean you out andf risk blowing the motor. Just take your time doing a proper install also, its pretty easy. If the 75 runs OK, then you can go ahead and try the 100 shot, then if thats OK maybe a 150, but that may be pushing the stock internals since you alreay make 413HP. Your main conceren here I think will be the timing issue, just make sure there is no pinging or any of that and you wil be OK.
Not bad thinking there. I don't think I will go beyond a 100 shot, but starting with a 75 is a sound idea. I checked with my tuner, he said there is no need to pull timing since he wasn't super aggressive with the NA tune. He also said to throw some race gas in the tank just for some insurance.

Dang....weather report just stated Tropical Storm Tammy may still be here Sunday

XTrooper, thanks for the encouragement, my wife has a bad opinion of n2o because her uncles ran it in the 80's at the strip, and they rebuilt motors every weekend.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=1ScrudeDude]I'm finally dropping in the bottle.
If all goes as planned, I will be hooking up my NX wet kit with some help of my buds (Loudmouth LS1 and another gearhead) this Sunday.[QUOTE]

How goes the install?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=LS1-450][QUOTE=1ScrudeDude]I'm finally dropping in the bottle.
If all goes as planned, I will be hooking up my NX wet kit with some help of my buds (Loudmouth LS1 and another gearhead) this Sunday.

How goes the install?
A couple of setbacks. The nitrous line won't reach from the bottle in the t-top comp't to the noids (running it along the driver's side)

Also, the stock bellows got shredded when we mounted the shark nozzle in it. I knew it. It was too soft and flimsy. Now I gotta order the SLP bellows.

Nitro Dave is sending me a 18 ft line, and as expected, is going above and beyond great customer service in doing so.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Why don't you get fernco from Home Depot? A lot cheaper then SLPs
Old 10-12-2005, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Sad
Why don't you get fernco from Home Depot? A lot cheaper then SLPs
I researched opinions on this and it was very mixed. I know the material is very stiff and hard, which has created problems with some lids. Loudmouth LS1, who is helping me, had issues with the Fernco in the past.

At this point, I want to just GIT-R-DONE already so I can