Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

99.9 Returns Ricker!

Old 10-05-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 99.9 Returns Ricker!

Yes it is true the freak of nature that was making my afternoons is back!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go EEEZ

Old 10-05-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, my dog, he's back!

I don't quite buy the story "I got fired, and they hired me back" but whatever
Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
yeah, my dog, he's back!

I don't quite buy the story "I got fired, and they hired me back" but whatever

Ratings do strange things to radio managers

Lets face it he rocks and is a blast to listen to. The ratings(or lack of in his absence) proved it

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 10-05-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hell ya, I've been waiting for this!!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

sweet!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

It caught me off guard on my drive home yesterday afternoon. Hadn't heard him for a while. Glad he's back!
Old 10-06-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I would buy the story. My current boss worked for a MAJOR radio station when he was in college. Ratings will make a station swallow a lot of crow to bring someone back that the people love.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Here is the copy he is definately unleashed
Originally Posted by Ricker
June 15th I told my boss to go make passionate love to himself without the love, if you know what I mean. June 17th I got fired. I think everyone can relate to having to work for a jackass, but you have to bite your tongue to keep your job. Well, I don't bite my tongue, I say what I want to say and screw with who I want to screw with and if management can't handle it, then they need to find someone else to rock Seattle. People are tired of having to settle for boredom. I figured that if they weren't going to keep me here at KISW, then another station somewhere would want me. After all, I've been fired 3 times in a row for the same thing and subsequently re-hired in a bigger city making more credits. So for the last 3 1/2 months I've been flying all over the country interviewing and auditioning with other great radio stations. However, none as kick-*** as KISW. I even got offered a gig at the station that fired me before I came here in Tampa.

And all the time, the insurgency of pissed off Rockaholics got bigger and bigger, inundating the phone lines and e-mail addresses here at the Rock. Mr. Clean, the schlort who fired me fell under some major pressure from the corporate pin stripes to do something and he had no alternative other than to eat some major crow and ask for my return.

This took some serious soul searching on my part and when I thought about it, there really was no other answer, but to come back to where I belong in my life right now and that is in Seattle on the greatest, most kick-*** rock station in the entire United States of America. K-I-S-F***ing-W! Victory! The people vs. Shclort. The people win! Thank you, people. I appreciate your support and I vow to continue to f**k some s**t up. World.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Yes it is true the freak of nature that was making my afternoons is back!
My wife used to be a DJ in Sacramento, then in Fairbanks Alaska, and her last gig was in Abilene Texas right before we moved up here. She did that for 13 years. She said that the fun has been sucked out of being a DJ so she don't want to do it anymore. They used to be able to play there own music, now they have a computer formated to play whats programmed and now a days, some of the DJ's arent' even live. They pre-record there shows and the computer just plays them in a rotation..................
Old 10-09-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Putting "Steve Rock" in Rickers slot was a sure fire way to watch the ratings sink...but Ricker knew that.

Bout time they changed their minds though a few top heads rolled the same time he was "re-hired". 99.9 in the afternoon will be much better, I quit listening on a regular basis after they 'fired' Ricker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99.9 Returns Ricker!