Racer's Lounge - Anyone else switch to Vonage?
10-06-2005, 12:27 PM
I recently made the change, and honestly, I'm glad I did. 14.99 for a dialtone and 500 minutes and all the features you can imagine isnt bad at all.
Anyone else have any comments on it?
10-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I like their commercials...
10-06-2005, 02:16 PM
This is VoIP right? I thought seriously about it for awhile but the thought of not having phone service if my power went out kinda' scared me.
I live out in the boonies and my cell phone doesn't work at home so I'd be screwed.
Plus, there's a 13 year old girl in my house so that 500 minutes would be gone in less than a day :)
We have vonage, the unlimited plan though, its kind of nice to be able to call wherever for however long you want without worrying about what it costs. Plus it doesnt cost much in the way of bandwidth and I'd venture to say the quality is better than the actual phone, it is a PITA not having phone when the power goes out but I do have a cell phone so its not too bad
10-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Went to Vonage for a few months and we're now back with SBC. I didn't like the fact that when I dialed 911 it went to a desk phone at some county building that had nothing to do with emergencies. I contacted Vonage support and they pretty much told me too bad.
I have a solid Internet connection and about 10% of the calls were of such poor quality that you just couldn't hold a conversation. The other 90% were fair quality at best.
Overall I would recommend staying away from Vonage. The savings just isn't worth it. I'm back with SBC and very happy about it.
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO