Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone attending the TOY RUN

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone attending the TOY RUN

Okay guys I know there is two different runs that are going on in the next couple of months. Both of these are multi forum meets. This is what is going on. I am just going to copy and paste these so bare with me.

In the wake of the recent Katrina Hurricane catastrophe, the amount of support and help has been phenominal and to tell you the truth, anyone who helped should feel toasty warm inside because you did agood thing and I applaud you.

That being said, I fear that the Pacific Northwest will be faced with a similar travesty, hunger.

In response to that, I am asking that you help me fight hunger here at home. It doesn't take much to make sure those less fortunate get something to eat this winter season and we're going to make sure we have a good time helping people too!

What: Drive Away Hunger
When: October 22 2005 starting at 10:00am
Where: The starting line will be at the Park and Ride at 272nd Street in Federal Way. (it's right off the freeway and very hard to miss) The end line will be the NW Fish Food Bank located at the Fircrest Presbyterian Church.
Why: Because charity starts at home.

I am on my knees begging you to please spread the word about this event and to pour your hearts onto this event. I know its hard and I know we are tapped out from life and our own day to day lives but there are those who dont even have a car to drive to the store to buy the food they cant afford. We cannot sit by and let people starve.

Not that anyones need incentive but the largest club or group donation will get a prize as well as the largest single donation.

This one is for food and there is also one for toys.

November 12 2005

Time: 12 noon
Place: 272nd park n ride. exit 147 off I-5
Bring: unopened toy

TOYS FOR TOTS

YEP. THATS RIGHT! SATURDAY NOV. 12. 12 NOON AT 272ND PARK N RIDE. EXIT 147. GONNA DRIVE DOWN TO OLYMPIA IZZY'S. DROP OFF TOYS AND EAT LIKE KINGS.
This is going to be a BIG ONE. I want to see everybody there. I mean everybody. This is for the CHILDREN that are less fortunate. I don't care what you bring, a hot wheel or a stuffed animal. Just an unopened toy. This will show the community that all the cars are not street racing all the time. This will be an open forum event. I will post on other forums. YOU NEED TO BE AT THIS ONE!
LETS MAKE SOME KIDS HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!

http://home.comcast.net/~nwtoyrun/

I HOPE TO SE EVERYBODY , I MEAN EVERYBODY who has ever looked at this page to attend. as you can tell last years was AWSOME. and this years will be better!!!!!!!!! the web page is still in the works and some pics don't show unless you are a member of that club. i will be fixing it soon. will be adding the forums i post on also. this will be on a saturday and even in the after noon so NO EXCUSES! HA HA HA!!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know about these events. I used to drive an SRT4 and now I dive a GTO. I love going to meets and drives especially if it is benefiting other people.

Thanks

Al
Old 10-06-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

What Marine unit is collecting the toys? "Toys for Tots" is run by the Marine Corps. reserve. Or is this something thrown together and toys will be giving to the charity of the organizers choice?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was toys for tots last year... I wont' be able to make it this year saturdays are mandatory work days

and the food drive I'll be in L.A.

Last edited by rookiels1; 10-06-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd like to do both of these...

What do you do, fill your car up with food and take the cruise to the church? If so, I'd love to do it! I think it's a Great idea!

Anyone willing to donate and can't go I'll except donations on behalf of Speed Secrets, NW F-body and LS1tech. I will fill my car as full as it will get and take it down there and donate. I think that would be quite a site! Seeing a bunch of us driving through there, cars loaded to the gills...

Only problem is, I don't have the money to fill it up myself ...but with donations anything is possible...

I'll do the Toys for Tots run also, I've always wanted to do that...
Old 10-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

I can't wait to do it. I think it will be alot of fun. Besides you get to see alot of other cars as well. Who doesn't love a car show? It is one of the few times people can get together and chat without any trash talking like what goes on online. I will be doing both. Rain or shine I think it will be fun. There was a huge turnout last year. I hope the same thing this year.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If i cant go i will send Angi in my place on both runs ...I just will wait till after the runs are over with, to start the winter mods.It's for a good cause and we will have lots of fun

I would hate everybody to be embarassed to be seen with a purple durango LOL.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Toy Run last year

You can see me a few cars from the lead
Old 10-07-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Our Camaro club always has our xmas party & we always invite a Marine ( one of the reserve guys that is directly in the group of Toys for Tots) & give them ours Normally they go off with a Van or a truck full of toys. This year I have alread started the Drive at the local Martial arts place My kids & I go to.

I have also started a Can Food drive for the lcoal Food banks.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Teching In

hey, thanks for posting this here. this is going to be huge!!!!!!!
41 forums now. need more too. so post it up on others and let us know the link so we can keep track. the web page http://home.comcast.net/~nwtoyrun/forums.HTML has been updated. so see you all there!

the toys will be donated to the TOYS FOR TOTS program here in wa. last year with the war it was hard for them to come and pick up the toys, so a local auto dealership Roters in olympia donated a truck and dropped them off for us.

Last edited by kettlman; 10-07-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Launching!

sounds like fun I will be there. thanks for the heads up.

Ron
Old 10-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Teching In

just gonna bump this up some. this is gonna be huge!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can I get some more info on the Food Run this Saturday??
Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Teching In

hey. this is going to be awsome. for those who can't make it. well you'll just have to hear about how good it was. only a few days left, and i can't wait. sorry i haven't checked in for awhile, been out of town for a couple weeks. BUT THIS SATURDAY IS GOING TO BE GREAT. see you all there.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to make it, but Club Meeting is that day.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Teching In

RAIN or SHINE the day is here. we are going to make another impact on the children again this year!!!!!!!!!. see you there.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry I didn't make it. I really wanted to, but I just have too much going on in my life right now.

For those that are wondering, My grandmother passed away three weeks ago., My cousin just passed away today after accidentally overdosing on drugs 2 weeks ago, and another cousin went on a hunting trip in idaho and wrecked his new cummins deisel truck! My cousin was ok, but one friend broke his neck (will be ok) and another broke his nose...

and that's just the tip of the iceburg...

Old 11-18-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry to hear that Steph. I hope things get better in the near future for you soon!

Quick Reply: Anyone attending the TOY RUN