Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Critique my combo please

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Critique my combo please

I have an 02 WS6 and here are the mods I want to do so please offer your critique. I want some decent power but don't want to hurt the mileage too much. Bone stock right now and going trans go shift kit, 3000 stall precision industries converter, pacesetter Lt's, TSP ORY, SLP 3 inch exhaust, edelbrrock muffler, HP tuners program, wideband o2 kit, TR224 cam and recommended springs. What you guys think?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pavetim
I have an 02 WS6 and here are the mods I want to do so please offer your critique. I want some decent power but don't want to hurt the mileage too much. Bone stock right now and going trans go shift kit, 3000 stall precision industries converter, pacesetter Lt's, TSP ORY, SLP 3 inch exhaust, edelbrrock muffler, HP tuners program, wideband o2 kit, TR224 cam and recommended springs. What you guys think?

It sounds like a goog start. Underdrive pulley, different air box/filter, good plugs and wires. It's a bit hard to add performance but keep the mileage as well. The best way to keep your mileage is....keep your foot out of it. Easier said then done !! Good luck with it, I hope you find the combination that gets you the best of both worlds.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The thing is, is that 90% of what you are doing to the car will increase the mileage. The trade off is that it's harder to keep you foot out of the gas. The only thing I personally would change is the muffler, not that it's that big of a deal. I personally love SLP mufflers. They flow excellent and there would be no need in changing it out for another unless there was a unannounced reason. JMO.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never though about the edelbrock mufflers but i had one on my 1991 Z and it sounded awesome, loved it. And i'll probably go with the underdrive pulley too. But actually I was thinking i'd probably go with like a 228 to 230 duration cam.