PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

specific SD tuning questions

Old 10-08-2005, 03:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default specific SD tuning questions

I know this topic comes up a lot in this section but I cant find answers to my specific questions by searching. First I want to ask if I have all of the settings correct for SD tuning: high octane copied to low octane if pre-'01, MAF fail frequency set to 0. Is that it or is there more settings?

secondly, after each VE workover and when starting a new scan, should LTFT's be reset?

Third, after SD tuning has been completed what settings are needed to finalize the tune to run SD all of the time? I thought I read that LTFT learn needs to be turned off after initial LTFT and VE tuning....is that correct?
Old 10-08-2005, 04:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also set the PE Enrichment V8 Mult vs RPM to all 1's to disable PE Mode. You should reset the ltrims so you don't average the new values with the old values. Also, it will take some driving to cover as many cells as possible. Once you get the VE table to your liking, you can leave it SD mode. Only thing you would have to do is dial in the PE Enrichment. The only time you would turn off the ltrims is during open loop tuning with a wideband.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Take a look at the link in my sig.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Take a look at the link in my sig.
TAQuickness, there seems to be a problem with the pdf you have the link to. Even downloading it to my PC results in an 'error opening file.' Just a heads up.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Teching In

The link worked fine for me
Old 10-08-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Buddybee
The link worked fine for me
You must have the magic touch. Now, it works for me.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacker
I also set the PE Enrichment V8 Mult vs RPM to all 1's to disable PE Mode. You should reset the ltrims so you don't average the new values with the old values. Also, it will take some driving to cover as many cells as possible. Once you get the VE table to your liking, you can leave it SD mode. Only thing you would have to do is dial in the PE Enrichment. The only time you would turn off the ltrims is during open loop tuning with a wideband.

putting all 1's in PE doesnt Disable it...
it just makes the multiplier = 1
yout trims lock when you go into PE...so its not learning..its just going off of the values already in the computer...

to diable PE you need to set the PE enable MAP value to 640..or really any number above a value that your car will hit
Old 10-08-2005, 10:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if your running hptuners theres a SD tuning writup in the new help file that you can go by
Old 10-08-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soundengineer
putting all 1's in PE doesnt Disable it...
it just makes the multiplier = 1
yout trims lock when you go into PE...so its not learning..its just going off of the values already in the computer...

to diable PE you need to set the PE enable MAP value to 640..or really any number above a value that your car will hit
If you set the table to 1.000, the car will not go into PE. So, it is disabling it. I have been doing this with the open loop values at 1.13 and it is hitting 13.0 across the board in the high rpm's.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Blacker
If you set the table to 1.000, the car will not go into PE. So, it is disabling it. I have been doing this with the open loop values at 1.13 and it is hitting 13.0 across the board in the high rpm's.

the car will still go into pe but since you have an AFR that is richer in the OLFA table the PCM chooses that one instead....
Old 10-08-2005, 06:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
the car will still go into pe but since you have an AFR that is richer in the OLFA table the PCM chooses that one instead....
it looks at the table says to itself "wait the multiplyer is 1:1" looks at the other table & multiplies it by that...in effect not doing anything further to affect fueling once you do go into pe mode...thers a couple of different ways you can do it...you can set all your OLFA tables up like in the pdf file or set them to 1.0 & set your pe table to be active...in the end it will cut out a step in SD tuning...your main goal if your running SD and plan on going back into closed loop is to get your VE in check...the VE table doesnt care if your commanding 14.63:1 or 13:1 thats the whole point....your just trying to get it dialed in to match that afr...the ve # in the end would be the same no matter what you command in the OL look up table.

Search this Thread