Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

OBD2 scanner

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 scanner

I've always wanted one of those fancy scanners that you can see and alter everything inside the flash of your car, and today I had it! I bought one of these kits, soldered it maself(never soldered anything else than a couple of resistors b4), and hooked it up to my car. And it worked like charm the first time!!!

some pics:
circuitboard w components

screenshot w/o data (interface not connected, I don't have a laptop;(

ma car that I scanned (drop a line in comments!)
http://www.garaget.org/?car=10555&image=93454

reason why there's no data in the screenshot is that i don't have a laptop, and so I carried out my other computer to the garage, and forgot my keyboard, and since I don't know how to take screenshots w/o that handy button on the keyboard this is how it turned out.

best regards
//Dan
Old 10-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Teching In

only limit to what you can do with this is the software u use. In other words, there are NO limits!! It also reads all 5 ECU protocols on the market, so it also works on virtually every car with obd2!
Old 10-08-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. What kind of software/hardware kit is it? I've seen mega-squirt, but not that one.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Teching In

I think its called mOByDic 2600 series, but it doesn't seem to be that one either. Reason why I'm unsure is cus its never mentioned what kind of kit this is. The mOByDic 2600 I see now is very much like this, but different.. Software is just any you want, there are lots of freeware (scanmaster, digimoto.com) but it works with Hptuners and those too, if it can utilize the com ports on the computer.