Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great.

Ryan
Old 10-08-2005, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

should have used the formula front clip considering it is a formula, but it looks alright
Old 10-08-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Looks great
Old 10-08-2005, 04:30 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice job! Good photo progression.

So did you drive it around any with all the different colored body panels? That would have been fun
Old 10-08-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by transam69230
should have used the formula front clip considering it is a formula, but it looks alright
actually it looks to be a V6... notice gauges and under the hood
Old 10-08-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Nice work....
Old 10-08-2005, 06:44 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

geo 95 bird, since you did this, hopefully you can answer a question for me (I've asked it elsewhere on here before with no response) - are the 4th Gen A fenders the same shape as the 4th Gen B fenders over the wheels?

For some reason the LT1s look more sleek and less bulky than the LS1s (in that area, over the top of the wheel, as if the LT1 body sits lower on it's suspension points and was cut appropriately - I'm not saying it is, just trying to describe the look)
Old 10-08-2005, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HPP
geo 95 bird, since you did this, hopefully you can answer a question for me (I've asked it elsewhere on here before with no response) - are the 4th Gen A fenders the same shape as the 4th Gen B fenders over the wheels?

For some reason the LT1s look more sleek and less bulky than the LS1s (in that area, over the top of the wheel, as if the LT1 body sits lower on it's suspension points and was cut appropriately - I'm not saying it is, just trying to describe the look)
they're different one is longer than the other
Old 10-08-2005, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

\
Originally Posted by Silver02TA
actually it looks to be a V6... notice gauges and under the hood
its a v6 why pay for a v8 used when i could save the money and put a brand new ls6 turbo charged i did my conversion in less than 500.00 and a couple of grants for the engine and 6 speed tranny. I'll have a brand new car for less than 10 grand
Old 10-08-2005, 07:33 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geo 95 bird
they're different one is longer than the other
Yeah, I remember that they took a few inches off the front overhang (not so sure it was a good idea, it looks less aero than the LT1 era). Maybe it's just an optical illusion caused by the length difference.

See what I mean? It's hard to describe, but the fender itself looks taller on the LS1 (from the top of the opening to the top of the fender), this makes the car look like it's bulkier and sitting higher. It's about the only thing I don't like about the LS1 look.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:28 AM
TECH Regular

i did the same thing... except I have an Lt1..It was a red formula but now is a ram air t/a. i've covered everything down to the smallest details like the windshield wiper arms. I also swapped the whole interior including carpet, dash doors, panels the works from graphite to ebony. I dont' know how you plan to turbo an LS6 for less than 10k but if you can more power too you.. the over all cost of the turbo is going to run you 4K+ the motor used is going to be 2k+ plus you have a mess of wiring... easiest would be to get the interior and engine harness out of an 00+ bird. also you will need a new kmember, rack and pinion. blah blah blah. I'm in the works of a building a 6.0 iron block. which will one day be turboed but i know it's not fisable today. Also FYI you will want a new rear bumper to go with the side skirts... otherwise it just dosn't look right.

on a side note nice to see someone else driving a multi colored car for awhile.. LOL i drove mine for a month or so before i got in a booth.

as for the fenders... the are completely different. there is no way to alter a 93-97 fender to fit correctly.

speaking of fenders.. did you get the new brackets to go with the fender/bumper?

anyhoo nice job... if you have any questions about anything send me a PM...
Old 10-09-2005, 03:01 AM
TECH Regular

heres a link to mine.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/345307-my-converison.html
Old 10-09-2005, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CONVERTED
thanks i'll drove it for about 6 weeks multicolored everybody stop me and ask me if i had crash it. It was annoying plus it didnt felt right, im waiting on the ground effect just got them the other day got to send them to the body shop for painting, and my stepfather is mechanic ase he would be doing all my engine work . One step at a time, did u change your rear hatch or just the wing thanks how did u close the gap on the passenger side headlight and hood. thanks for all the info and help...
Old 10-09-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

if you have a "firebird" hatch which is found on the firebird and formula... That hatch is molded and spoiler is not replaceable. So I bought a whole new hatch... actuall i had a hatch with no glass shipped and then i bought new glass to have installed in it. The firehawk spoilers and t/a spoiler all use the same hatch...

as for closing the gap a couple thing to look at... if you take the headlight cover off there are 3 adjustments there. if you loosen all 3 you can play with it... once loosen it will make more sense. you will need a very small torq head to loosen them up.. after you have adjusted tighten back down and lay the headlight cover on top... don't worry about screwing it back in... then lower the hood slowly... and check for clearance. Then adjust as needed.

one thing you should know is the headlights open at an angle. so there will be some over lap of the headligth cover and the inside lipe of the fender.... I"ll see about taking some pics of all teh lines on my car to give you some ideas... also one thing you will notice... which i've failed to mention is you hood might not seem to fit right... thats because your hood stops aren't touching... you will need to get a set of channel locks or something and bend your current brackets upwards... if you replaced these props to you i'm doing mine later but i made them fit for now. the hood stops really do make a difference in the way the hood fits...

Quick Reply: my conversion from 95 to 02 front clip