Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbe to nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbe to nitrous

I was reading an article in Chevy High Performance on TNT's nitrous ring. I'm a little intrigued, since I'm an old guy I know nothing about nitrous. The article said it was safe as long as it is installed according to manufacture's instructions. When I mention this to some of the young guys I hang out with they roll thier eye's , and say save for a new engine.

Why do guys go for fi , when the can get the hp cheaper. Is it safe I have a 99 stock Vette, and looking for a 100 hp shot. I have some other questions.
How do you mount the bottle, and where do you vent it. Do you have to drill a hole in the trunk. I have a vert. Are there other company's out there that are just a good or better then TNT. Since I'm retired I can't afford FI, but want a little extra zip. Thanks for your patience , and help, JIm.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

I am an older guy also, almost all the young guys I hang with run on the bottle. I agonized over this for quite a while I always felt that it’s not real HP. Let me tell you, after installing my NX Wet System I would never shell out the big bucks again for major engine upgrades. Dollar for dollar I feel there is no better investment, and your car is still very drivable all motor as well. Make sure you invest in all the safety features FPSS, Window Switch, Blow Down Tube, and Bottle Heater, Filter, Plugs, necessary relays and switches, if your not going to do it right then don’t do it at all that was my philosophy. Take your time on the install. There are plenty of installation pictures to view on this and other sites pick and choose what you like from other setups and incorporate those items into your install. Get some dyno runs with different jetting to see how your car reacts on the bottle & be sure to check the A/F and enjoy NOS I sure am. The FAQ section of this topic has a lot of good information. Feel free to contact some of the board sponsors that sell Nitrous they spent a fair amount of time with me on the phone and never got frustrated with my redundant questions. I spent nearly a year deciding on what system to get and I can not tell you how many times I picked up the phone to call Nitro Dave’s to order my NX System only to change my mind as soon as I got a dial tone. Good Luck, Rick

Last edited by rdewalt; 10-08-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Default nos dry

i am a dry guy i perfer the nos dry kit as i can run full timing on the motor and less timing on the nitrous, plus i perfer knowing that i don't have to worry about fuel puddling in the intake and possibly a nitrous backfire if the bottle was almost empty. i am probably mindset that way cause dry nitrous is all i have used but it has worked great for me so far. welcome to the ls1 brainwashing tech board it's addicting, good luck and have fun coming to a desion, either way you will be happy you decided to go with the nitrous.
just don't get caught huffin the stuff
Old 10-09-2005, 02:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a older guy also, cough, cough, but don't tell anyone. N2o is for sure the best bang for the buck. I am also a dry guy, but if you make an informed choice to go wet thta's cool too. Do a search on each area/question you want answered, then you can be more specific on single question posts, and no book writing involve for answers. check my web out for insight.
Robert
Old 10-09-2005, 10:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Jim, checkout our vette kit and video.....

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...ideo_150hp.wmv

Let us know if you have any other questions.

WWW.DynotTuneNitrous.com

Cheers

Dan
Old 10-09-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yea, Jim D, I forgot to welcome you aboard. So, welcome, there are many guys on this site that will be more than happy to share their knowledge/info with you.
Robert