Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok, KR and timing tuner problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 03:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ok, KR and timing tuner problems.

Ok I just got the Timing tuner. I have it hooked up and set the base timing to +2* and WOT to +1* total of 3*. Went for a test drive with my friends Mactools scanner and it showed I had a total of 11* of KR . I then set all the settings to 0 so a total of 0* timing and I showed 6* of KR. Now if I unplug the timing tuner and put the loop in I get 0* of KR. Kind of weird because with the timing tuner set a 0 on everything it should be the same as the loop correct????. I don't understand. This is all with 91 octain. I have brand new tr6 plugs and taylor 8mm wires. Any suggestions. Oh BTW the car has a stock tune and just a few boltons (lid, ported tb, and pulley).

-William
Old 10-09-2005, 04:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Also my IAT was 100* and went to about 93-94 once I got moving(higher RPM's). Would that effect my condition.

-William
Old 10-09-2005, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

What is your timing advance at stock N/A? With a total of 3* advance you may be running it to lean if you pulling 29+ on a stock N/A advance, and the KR could be picking up the pinging.

I pull about 26 Timing Advance N/A. with 1KR. 28-29 is good on a LS1 stock tune with 0 KR. I tried this all last fall but I didn't think the timing tuner advance you have dialed in will show up on autotap.

You may be pinging which would cause the big KR or if you have a cut out open or headers or something hitting your exhuast you could be setting it off, but Sounds like your pinging to me. My KR was real bad also, I would pull 18* timing at best at WOT N/A. I have since had the knocks tuned down out bit and like I said I now run about 26, and have the TT set 2 on base and 1 WOT, with 4* retard on a 150 shot with TR6, can't remember the gap..... But my car runs real rich...

What shot you running and what is your retard set at?