PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help...possibly looking for a timing table

Old 10-10-2005, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help...possibly looking for a timing table

Here's the dilema, I am self tunning and I'm just not getting the results I would expect.

car: 2000 trans am, Lid, TSP MS3 cammed, ls6 intaked, port/polished throttle body, long tubed, cat backed

status: using HPtuners with LC1, I've got the VE table dialed in dead nuts all the way up past 6000rpms, I am running in SD mode currently so MAF is still disconnected. I've tuned the PE table so I am right on 13.0 AFR when I go WOT. Cruising around I am running ~14.7 AFR and my idle is right on as well with no surging. The car practically sounds like stock.

Only thing is the car just doesn't go anywhere. I recently went to the track to check my progress and I was turning worse times than when I was stock(13.0@110 stock) with only lid, longtubes, and exhaust.

I was struggling to hit low 13's and I think my best mph was 106.

I have played with the timing in the lower cells to get the idle fixed but have not touched anything in the "power zone" so to speak. Unfortunately dyno time is not in my near future however I will be going to the track again at the end of the week.

Any suggestions on changes to make so that I can finially see that the buttload of money I have spent in the last couple months is actually worth it?

Anyone have similar car/mods/cam and could possibly let me check out your timing table to see what it looks like in comparison to mine?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd put it on a dyno and see whats going on. Were you getting any kr during your runs?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

no KR whatsoever
Old 10-10-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i can send you mine if you want to look at it, or send me yours so i can compare to see if it would help you
Old 10-10-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

VE graph and dyno sheet are in this thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/392324-ve-table.html

Search this Thread