Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine light

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Engine light

Yeah i just recently put on cold air induction on my 2000 trans am along with a smooth bellows and maf sensor from slp and my engine light came on and it says the air coming into the intake is hotter than expected for the current engine operating temperature any ideas?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

what is the dtc code? p0xxx something like that

that code your talking about does not ring a bell... are you talking about the IAT sensor? is everything plugged in?

is the maf sensor one of the 85mm? with the built in IAT?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Default yes

yes it is the 85mm maf sensor, i believe it was pO113 or something close to that i cant remember exactly the number i just remember the paper when it was printed out.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok p0113 this for the iat "Intake Air Temperature Sensor" this code could only mean a few things... sensor is not plugged in or you have damaged the sensor some how it may have also failed but unlikely. The wire leading to it might be damaged. I think the computer pulls timing advanced from the car when this code is tripped this is for fail safe reasons “it retards the timing”

The stock location for the iat sensor is on the right back side of the intake lid "facing the car. It’s small and sticks out a little uses two wires. I can get pictures if you’re unable to find it

The 85mm maf has the iat build in and can be used on the f-body ls1... did you get a harness with this maf and did it have two connections on the harness.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Yes, I am betting it is not plugged in, sounds like that is the problem to me, you never really see those die unless they get damaged somehow.

-Bryan
Old 10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Teching In

I one one harness with the MAF and that was the adapters for the new maf sensor wires. Besides that, that is all i got but i can check the other part to see if its not hooked up
Old 10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Teching In

I got the problem fixed i looked under the hood and noticed the temp sensor that is supposed to be in the airbox lid was not there and i put it in there yesterday and everything is a go and it did put a retard on my timing because its running a lot smoother and much quicker so. thanx for the help