Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN Stingray hood or VFN Sonoco hood?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFN Stingray hood or VFN Sonoco hood?

I'm torn between the stingray hood and the sonoco hood for my z28 vert. I think they both look great but I have a sweet spot for the stingray hood. I had one on my black 88 iroc with the scoop and stinger painted red like the 67 427 vettes, and it just looked mean as hell. They have it on the VFN fiberglass web site in the camaro page down at the bottom of the page. They have the sonoco hood right under it so you can get a good look at what they both look like side by side. Check it out and tell me what you think. Thanks for your opinions guys!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

sunoco flows better with the car imo
Old 10-11-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

sunoco. the stingray does absolutely nothing, just sits there and looks pretty. Might as well get a bolt on hood scoop.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:58 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Go with the Sunoco. You could make the Stingray work on a third-gen, but it doesn't flow well on the fourth-gen.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
sunoco. the stingray does absolutely nothing, just sits there and looks pretty. Might as well get a bolt on hood scoop.
The stingray on my iroc was somewhat functional if thats what you're talking about. It didn't flow into any airbox but did blow air into the engine bay. Plus I will be going turbo in a year or two so functionality isn't a real big concern since it will be force fed anyways. Thanks for the opinions, keep em coming.

PS. Is there anyway anyone can photochop the stingray picture and make the scoop and stinger red?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1-ss
The stingray on my iroc was somewhat functional if thats what you're talking about. It didn't flow into any airbox but did blow air into the engine bay. Plus I will be going turbo in a year or two so functionality isn't a real big concern since it will be force fed anyways. Thanks for the opinions, keep em coming.

PS. Is there anyway anyone can photochop the stingray picture and make the scoop and stinger red?
well whatever makes you happy. I still think you'd be happier with the sunoco in the long run. Some stripes make them look SOOOO good.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
well whatever makes you happy. I still think you'd be happier with the sunoco in the long run. Some stripes make them look SOOOO good.
Thats my dilema man, it does look pretty hot on our cars. I wanted to do some sort of red stripes on the sunoco hood, maybe like the ones on the Dick Harrell Camaro. I love the red on black contrast on our cars.

Quick Reply: VFN Stingray hood or VFN Sonoco hood?