Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottle Opener question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottle Opener question.

What is the difference between a solenoid type remote opener and one like NX or dynotune has, that actualy turns the **** ( i think ).

the solenoid ones seem like they cost about 80 bucks less? are they crapola? any good input would be most helpfull. thanks
Old 10-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of the solenoid kinds it works good but I was told it can only handle like 200 hp tops
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both will work.However the valve type opener like NX or Dyno tune is much better and safer than a solenoid style opener.The solenoid type openers are not real openers.You still need to manually close and open the bottle valve.I personally would not trust the solenoid style opener all the time.If for some reason you had a nitrous solenoid get trash in it and the solenoid opener leaked while it was sitting when you go to crank it Boom.... Plus the solenoid style openers restrict flow..Just a few thoughts. Now if you are looking for something cheap that you can use while crusing the car around it is fine. But the NX and Dyno Tune valve style are better.
Dave