Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this Wiring Setup right? will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this Wiring Setup right? will it work?

OK, i have a "rival" in the local car club... he has a mustang, i have my camaro....we've publicly called each other out, and its hyped up pretty big.

long story short, he acquired a nitrous kit, and would now whoop my ***. he doesn't know i know about it. even though im not a "nitrous kind of guy" i decided to beat him at his own game.. I've also "acquired" a kit for the short term.

this is the wiring schematic I've come up with. my idea is simple:

1. the arm light will come on if its armed.
2. when the shift light comes on, it cuts off.
3. it only comes on at WOT

i have a manual trans, and i will lift between shifts, but i figure the shift light relay will be a nice safety.
i do have a new fuel pump (walbro 255) and like i said, this is a temp thing.. going to run it once this Sunday to test it, then the race is next weds. (a week from today)

PLEASE tell me any potential problems, or anything you see wrong with this layout. i tried making it clear.

BTW, the reason for the master switch on the ground, and not the power feed to the 'noids is the location.. there's a nice power distribution point right there on the car. the relays will always have power, but no ground. Is this unsafe?

Old 10-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Pepto-Bismol
OK, i have a "rival" in the local car club... he has a mustang, i have my camaro....we've publicly called each other out, and its hyped up pretty big.

long story short, he acquired a nitrous kit, and would now whoop my ***. he doesn't know i know about it. even though im not a "nitrous kind of guy" i decided to beat him at his own game.. I've also "acquired" a kit for the short term.

this is the wiring schematic I've come up with. my idea is simple:

1. the arm light will come on if its armed.
2. when the shift light comes on, it cuts off.
3. it only comes on at WOT

i have a manual trans, and i will lift between shifts, but i figure the shift light relay will be a nice safety.
i do have a new fuel pump (walbro 255) and like i said, this is a temp thing.. going to run it once this Sunday to test it, then the race is next weds. (a week from today)

PLEASE tell me any potential problems, or anything you see wrong with this layout. i tried making it clear.

BTW, the reason for the master switch on the ground, and not the power feed to the 'noids is the location.. there's a nice power distribution point right there on the car. the relays will always have power, but no ground. Is this unsafe?

Keep this in mind if you feed hot to the noids all time then if that ground wire finds ground your system will fire...
Why turn the light off at shift.?
Ricky
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Keep this in mind if you feed hot to the noids all time then if that ground wire finds ground your system will fire...
Why turn the light off at shift.?
Ricky

why turn the nitrous off, or the light?

the light, i cant help, unless you see a better place to put it.. i dont want the light on, unless the arm switch is on. (and its not a double pole switch...)

i want the nitrous off when the light kicks on as a "half window switch"... it COULD come on early, but there's no chance of me smacking the fuel cut rev limiter on the nitrous. i shift right when i see the light, so it should work out good.

light comes on and N2O kicks off, i shift, and as soon as i floor it again, its spraying.
do you think this is a good safety device?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Teching In

TTT.. if someone sees a problem or anything, please post up, because tomarrow afternoon, im going to start wiring it this way.

thanks...
Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok I gotcha, all should be good.. Just put a fuse on that main hot wire.
Ricky