New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear end damage, extended warranty and insurance, what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear end damage, extended warranty and insurance, what should i do?

ok i took my car to the dealership to have this thumping noise looked at cus i bought an extended warranty, and from what i can rember this thumping noise has always happened, a couple weeks ago a lady came into my lane causing me to swerve and smake the curb on the right side, which therefore messed up my aligment bad! so no problem i got it fixed, and all it was was the aligmnet. and somehow the left front rim got a crack? and the left rear wheel is bent? how could this happen from hittin the curb on the rihgt side?
but i dont knw if thats what casued it.
so i take it to the shop and they call me and tell me theres a problem that the warranty wont cover, 1st my frame is bent? 2nd rear end weld is missing (pic below) and my rims are fucked up i knew that. the figured i must of ran over something big. problem 1 frame bent, is from where i and the person who had it before me jacked it up without using a piece of wood, so this is no problem the frame is just dinged up. problem 2 rear end! this didnt happen from where i hit the curb cus i took a pic of my rear end before all of this happened and the weld piece was missing.
so what gives?

anyways we are calling the insurance company cus gm said that they should cover a new rear end, and 2 rims what should i do, will this jack my insurance up? so my car still sits at gm, cus i would have had to sign a waver if i took my car saying my car is unsafe to drive becuase of these issues

heres a pic of my rear end a month after i bought my car with the piece missing
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Banned

ttt for the night
Old 10-13-2005, 07:32 AM
TECH Regular

That sucks man. I personally think extended warranties are ****. I got one to be safe, since my last car (89 Camaro RS) had to have the motor and tranny replaced within 6 months.

My T/A was GM certified, meaning, like new. Every lamp on the front end has been replaced and the drivers side headlight motor as well. They tried to pull the 'wear and tear' bullshit with me and I showed them water IN every bulb and got it replaced. The headlight motor ended up getting me for a $100 deductable. What a sham.

It occured to me that I could open a savings account, put the difference between a warranty and no warranty in it, and replace the engine 3 times over a year.

I'm gonna drop it and do that pretty soon, or warranty it 3rd party through my cousin in LA who says dealerships rape you on them.

Good luck with your car.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

What you should have done is let the lady hit you. Sure it would have done some damage but possibly much less then you have now, plus if she had insurance it would have paid for everything.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Banned

the thing is i was taking my car to the shop becuase i let someone hit me instead of going to the curb, i was about 30 sec. from the shop to thanks god. lol just like you said and i didnt want to have to do it agin
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarkOneX
What you should have done is let the lady hit you. Sure it would have done some damage but possibly much less then you have now, plus if she had insurance it would have paid for everything.
Until its just another uninsured american
Old 10-13-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's only 1/3 of the entire driving population
Old 10-13-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zymosis
Until its just another uninsured american
or in my case not american...

id have someone check out your car, but highly suggest not turning in anything to your insurance company, as for your rear end, is it making noses or anything? if not just weld up the hole and be done with it.

i have 2 wrecks (one deemed not my fault, the other me being rear ended by a non insured mexican) and one ticket. one insurance company told me that if i got another ticket that they would drop me... even though the accidents werent my fault and i only have one ticket its BS, carry a high deductable full coverage ($1000-1500) with uninsured motorist and then only turn stuff in if your car gets really messed up..
Old 10-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

gm decided now that they would replace my rear end or fix it so if they wanna waste $$$$$$$$$$ on a new rear cus of a piece of weld missin then hey, it aint my fault they are dumbfucks