Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Question about suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about suspension

I have a 21mm sway bar at the rear and the stock sway bar at front. They both have stock bushings and 1LE end link mounts.

I also have a teflon joint light weight aluminum panhard bar and my lower control arms are 1LE also.

My question is in regards to the front anti-sway bar. Will I notice a big difference chaging it to a bigger one and also if I use poly bushings will the road noise be super loud?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Nick,

I have a Strano 35mm hollow front sway bar sitting in my garage, brand new, hasn't even been out of the box. I was going to put it on my car, but since I went to a locker in the rear end, I decided I just want to drag race my car, not go tossing into the twisties. The Strano bar is great because its hollow, it doesn't add any extra weight at all to the front end, weighs only as much as the stocker does. Also comes with all the poly bushings/endlinks. If you're interested, let me know...

It cost me about $230 shipped, so we can work something out.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

I noticed a difference when I installed a 25mm on the rear, and again when I put a 35mm on the front. I think sway bars might make the biggest impact on your car next to springs. The rear really helps drag racing, and the front really helps cornering.

I do have come minor clunking tho from all the poly bushings. But if your goal is to firm the suspension up for performance, you are going to lose some ride comfort & pick up some noise.

That Strano Bar is a NICE piece Nick. As strong as my Suspension Techniques bar, and 1/2 the weight. If I didn't already have a bar, I'd buy it!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I love my Strano front bar too... and *I* didnt notice any more noise or harshness... your mileage may vary.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the ST 35mm front bar....great piece for handling, but its pretty heavy
Old 10-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Launching!

LG anti-swaybars, energy poly bushings and ends.
road noise is not noticeable.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

Cool thanks guys. Jason I can't buy anything right now but thanks for letting me know.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Another vote for the 35mm front. I have the heavy ST and not only did it make a very noticeable difference in the corners, but there is no noise that I have heard from it at all.

Mark, I tried the 25mm rear bar but found that it made my car too unhappy and didn't feel well balanced........almost like it wants to push the *** end around past the front end in hard curves and that it is fighting me to turn. How is yours?