Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solid roller???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default solid roller???

is it possible to use the jessle non adjustable rockers for solid roller? just wondering because that is what i currently have and am thinking about going solid. i dont think you can but just checking.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

that's a good question. if you can get your valve train geometry exactly where it needs to be and use a pushrod length checker to get you whatever lash you need I would guess maybe. anyone else?

in the long run it would be better to get the adjustables co account for any future cam, lifter, head decking, block decking, changes you may decide to implement. plus the parts my wear just a little over time too causing more lash to show up. I would think you would definately want the adjustables.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need the adjustables. Even if you custom ordered pushrods in a crazy size -- like 8.042 -- to try and get your lash set up correctly, the valve tip heights will vary from one cylinder to the other. So your lash will be all over the place. Not to mention that if you can't afford to upgrade to the adjustables then you don't need to go solid anyway.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

yeah...need adjustables.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Banned

are patriot shaft mounts strong enough for solid roller use???
Old 10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well there are solid rollers and then there are solid rollers For instance, my springs are 1.550'' duals with 250ish seat and 650ish open pressures. More RPM = more pressure.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

I do think the Patriots will work for a mild solid roller setup. The Patriots were similair to the old Comp red anodized shaft mounts and I believe both are made by DRE. Comp now has T&D make thier LS1 shaft mount rockers. I have had both...and the new Comp/T&Ds are much beefier than the DRE/ Patriot setup. But I do believe the Patriots are a good deal and probably would work fine for a mild setup.

One thing about the Patriot/DRE..the shaft is a little smaller in diameter...so when you go to tighten them down..you have to be sure BOTH intake and exhaust valves on that set you are installing are on the base cirlcle. Otherwise you will snap the shaft. Its very important to remember this when REMOVING them...especially if you are used to stock rockers setups and just zipping them off there...you may forget. Really that goes for all shaft mount rockers...but the DRE ones just have a thinner shaft that will snap. Dont ask how I know this
Old 10-13-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

no it is not a money issue because i am gona get me a beater to drive so i can do what ever to the truck. like i said i have some that were on the motor i just blew so was wondering. hell i still have some more ? to be answered before i decide to go solid. just inquiring rt now.

one of my main ?? is how streetable is a moderate to a mild extreme settup? i will have a nother car to drive and take trips in but i love my truck and love driving it. so i would drive it a lot in town and accasionaly on a road trip? is this feesable or should i stay hydrollic?

thanks guys

O and 383 you are the cause of this. i watched the video of your car like 10 times of when you just took it out for a test spin.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I drive my car everyday -- my only car for that matter. It is a 370 solid roller, 248/254 .700/.700 112lsa. The main thing is to set everything up correctly in the first place and that will save you major headaches. My car is perfectly streetable. I still have not done my driveability tuning so it isn't as smooth as it will be. Its just how you define "streetable"