Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

question on non popup light kit for t/a

Old 10-13-2005, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on non popup light kit for t/a

Whats up guys, i am looking for a non pop up light kits 1998 pontiac t/a.its a canadian trans am which means it alot harder to bypass the sensor. it also has the plug for the engine block which has nothing to do with the lights but
most guys ask if it does. i am looking for a good kit,don't care about price too much i mean i have set myself a limit. But i don't know where to look any info would be great thank you.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

search for T/A headlights.....theres goin to be a kit that sells for 1000....to lazy to do it for you but gave you a head start....search it.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

IMO and quite a few others, the non popup headlights look like butt. Any reasoning behind switching?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

Check out my post in an earlier thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....76&postcount=5

There you'll find links to threads about non-popup units, HIDs, and headlight upgrades in general for the 4th gen Firebird.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

reason being that it looks great when they are down. but i don't like the look when they are up. also at the track when it gets dark they come up all by themselves because of the sensor which i can't bypass. canadian cars had a different system setup then usa t/a. i know it sounds weird but i work for gm and checked in the system it is wired to ignition module. any websites that have pics of the kit installed would be great. thats the bad news but the good news is i saved a bunch of money switching to geico.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:19 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.breathlessperformance.com

There you go. They look awesome. I also hate the look of the headlights up. I drive around at night with only the fogs on.... YES, I hate them that much.

I don't really have a problem with the above kit being $1000 bucks. I don't really consider that a lot of money...

The problem is, that the quality of the kit, is worth nothing near $1000 dollars.

Do a search on the kit. Stop being lazy!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wrath22
also at the track when it gets dark they come up all by themselves because of the sensor which i can't bypass. canadian cars had a different system setup then usa t/a. i know it sounds weird but i work for gm and checked in the system it is wired to ignition module.
Are you sure about that? I thought all the TA's came with the same headlight control box behind the radio. I added the light sensor (from a camaro) and now have the working popup lights that come on automatically at night. The canadian cars should have the same light sensor in the dash. The US TA cars just have that sensor deleted and the wires are connected together. You should be able to do the !autolights mod or whatever they are calling it just like a lot of camaro guys do.

I installed a toggle to turn the autolights on or off as well as a toggle to deactivate the whole module which turns off the DRL's also. Either of those mods should deactivate your headlights coming on at night and give you control using the ****.

Also, the Breathless kits suck in my opinion. They look cheap and have a worse beam pattern than the stock lights. For $1000, I'd rather have HID projectors in a fixed light and am planning to that right now for a lot less.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Ok thanks guys for the info. i checked out breathless kit looks good but 1grand is up there. still going to look around. but still going to get one for the spring. i am going to look into that light sensor again. thanks for the tips and info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question on non popup light kit for t/a