Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

So anymore ls7 clutches in our f bodies.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default So anymore ls7 clutches in our f bodies.

Thought by now would be seeing more ls7 clutch swaps.I think there was only the one and not sure how that is working out. I need to do something for a new clutch and thinking textralia but the ls7 sounds interesting.
I am sure it has light pedal pressure and zero chatter. The textralia sounds like it has pretty light pedal but seeing some guys saying it does have chatter depending on how they launch. Also its very price the ls7 sounds a bit cheaper although understand you need the ls2 flywheel to use it in our cars.

I am going to put my car away for winter and then worry about this next spring I guess. I have a cartech in now but find the pedal pressure a bit high with my mcleod master but possibly that was due to a air leak in the system still trying to figure that one out.
I am at the point of just wanting to change out all the hydraulics and clutch and put in something else. Would go with z06 but have some high power goals with planned turbo system and think the z06 would die a short death.
The new z06 ls7 clutch should take a lot more power hopefully.

Guess time will tell.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered one a week ago. It's going in with my shortblock and heads. I'll take some pictures and give an update in a few weeks.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will notice some chatter during the breakin on the Textralia, it gets better with time. It won't be exactly like stock, because it has a much better grip.