Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp throttle

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default slp throttle

there is a guy that is selling a slp tb it is ported from slp and it is a big tb i was wondering will it go right on my 1999 camaro ss . he says that he has no other parts for it and do you guys think it whould be a pretty good mod to do . i just have my stock cam and my stock heads . and he told me i should get about 8hp . and it is used or should i just buy me a 80mm bbk tb or just stay with my stock tb . but i am getting a ls6intake . thanks guys
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know much about the quality of SLP ported throttle bodies but if I'm not mistaken there were two different types of throttle bodies on the '99 Camaro. You might want to make sure it's the same one as yours before you buy it.

I got my throttle body from MTI (a sponsor here) and I don't regret it, but I know a lot of people simply port their existing throttle body to save money. That may be a less expensive route for you to go as well.

Whatever throttle body bolts to your current intake manifold should bolt to your future LS6 intake manifold so don't worry about that.

I hope that helps some. Good luck.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks sscam99 . i did not know that there was two diff tb for the 1999 camaro,s . i dont know witch one either its a 75 or 78mm . i dont know