Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone want a new Acura TL?

Old 10-14-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone want a new Acura TL?

OK, I can't seem to get any action from Acura of Bellevue. Those punks just are not helping. After you sign papers they don't want anything to do with you from that point on. Anyone want to take a few Acuras for a test drive and bring them back a little hot? You know, needing new tires and brake pads, scaring the **** out of a few salesmen?

So if I traded the car in for like a $1200 Geo metro would I have to pay the $39,000 + the $1200? or $39,000 - trade in value + $1200?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

if you traded it in it'd be whatever your payoff amount is (loan amount - payments made - interest not already accrued) - trade in value + cost of vehicle being purchased. If you want I can come take some good pics of it some time in trade for CS2 and help ya put an ad on craig's list
Old 10-14-2005, 03:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by howierd42
OK, I can't seem to get any action from Acura of Bellevue. Those punks just are not helping. After you sign papers they don't want anything to do with you from that point on.
that's odd, I have a friend who bought a TL there a year ago, they bend over for him, he makes them fix every little creak and rattle in the car... he's there almost once every month with silliest complaints and they always take care of him
Old 10-14-2005, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by longdaddy
that's odd, I have a friend who bought a TL there a year ago, they bend over for him, he makes them fix every little creak and rattle in the car... he's there almost once every month with silliest complaints and they always take care of him
Damn..........Well if you can get them to hook you up, I say do it.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is pretty odd. My father drove acuras sinc day one they were released here in the states. 15 years I think. And they always took it in the shorts for him. I Wonder if your just dealing with the jack wad?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does Acura even make a car that's capable of scaring the **** out of a salesman?

I remember several years ago I went to test drive an Integra GS-R to see how it compared to my Talon TSi AWD. The GS-R had a redline of 8k, and I don't think I spent any time at all below 6k on the test drive... then when I got back, I told the salesman that I liked my Talon better, because when I hit 6k in it, it was actually going fast. He was not amused...
Old 10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
This is pretty odd. My father drove acuras sinc day one they were released here in the states. 15 years I think. And they always took it in the shorts for him. I Wonder if your just dealing with the jack wad?
Depends on what he's asking for. If he's just asking for them to take it in and give him money for it they won't. Now on a trade they would be more willing to bargain depending on how much negative equity he has on the TL. Which is why I will always remind people, don't do the 0 down financing, always put some money down or you'll be money behind for the first few years you own the car.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

there was 3k down. plus the cost of a rear spoiler, just because it makes the car look a lot better. But they have not helped me out one bit and have been rather rude during the whole process. To the point of the general manager calling and harrassing me.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

there was 3k down. plus the cost of a rear spoiler, just because it makes the car look a lot better. But they have not helped me out one bit and have been rather rude during the whole process. To the point of the general manager calling and harrassing me.
What kind of help were you looking for? and what did he call you for?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rookiels1
What kind of help were you looking for? and what did he call you for?

good point, what exactly is the problem?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:41 AM
TECH Addict

I need to get rid of this car. It was leased by me for my mom. It is in my name but her social security was going to be making the payments. She died six days after the papers were signed. Now I am stuck with a car I can't pay for. The dealership wanted nothing to do with me after I signed the paperwork. Their take was pretty much, "Sucks to be you," in not so many words. They offered to buy the car back but when I went to make good on that all of a sudden there is no response at the dealership.

So it would seem I am stuck with a brand new (80 miles) 2005 Acura TL that I can't afford to pay for.

Does any one know someone who wants one?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

put it up on http://www.micronewsads.com/ as a take-over lease. TLs seems to be pretty popular in here, I always see them on campus. If you need help with micronews account, PM me.

P.S. Sorry about your loss
Old 10-15-2005, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Ah, well if you were told that by a salesman/sales manager and they backed out I can see how you'd be frustrated as I would be too. My suggestion would be to contact Acura Corporate or the leasing company and see what they can offer. And if you get a survey give them bad scores. Dealership spiffs and salesman's pay is usually based on those surveys.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by longdaddy
put it up on http://www.micronewsads.com/ as a take-over lease. TLs seems to be pretty popular in here, I always see them on campus. If you need help with micronews account, PM me.

P.S. Sorry about your loss
Thanks. Are you sure that is the right link though? I can't seem to get to the site.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

try again, it was up and down all day yesterday, I think they were doing some maintainance.

Thanks. Are you sure that is the right link though? I can't seem to get to the site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone want a new Acura TL?