Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pictures

After reading a few post about shimming the master cyl, I think this may be what caused my transmission problems. I was wondering if someone could find me a picture of one of these shims and also give the dimensions. Ive got a specII with a resurfaced flywheel and before I took it in, the clutch disengaged about 1/2 inch off the floor. So if anyone could help me out, me and my dad are going to try to make one before they install my new transmission on monday. Thanks a lot, Josh.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well...could anyone explain where the shim goes? Or if I could make one myself?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think your talking about shimming the slave cyl. I am not sure on the thickness of the shims or even where I got them now but the ones I have are blue and are paper. They go between the slave and the trans. If you have a spare slave cyl you could probebly make your own out of thin steel, alum, or maybe construction paper. I had to use 2 of them the first time and they worked great. I would say maybe .040 thick for both? Good luck.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Come to think of it You might beable to just use washers behind the slave and the bolts. I use lock tight to make sure they stay tight. The slave is compressed between the tans and the clutch so it really cant go anywere but I dont want a bolt flying around in there eather.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks a lot, is there anyone else that would know how to make my own? would the washers work? I need help fast, transmission goes in tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Need pictures