Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed adj. torque arm and new drive shaft loop and car dosent feel right

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed adj. torque arm and new drive shaft loop and car dosent feel right

Hey guys, well i bought a used Random Tech. torque arm and a saftey loop from a guy on here and i installed it today. After we got the car off the lift i backed it out and it felt like the rear was binding up bad, and the car vibrates bad over 30 mph. I dont know what angle the rear is set at, i dont have a gauge and i just left the settings the same as the guy had them. Now i measured from door jam to wheel center to see if my rear was centered and i discovered it is 1/2 " off from one side to the other. I have adj. lca's also. I just had the rear installed and i have been meaning to check that because i cant get the car to hook. I know that is one problem but it wasnt doing this until i installed the torque arm so i think the angle is way off. I loaded the rear suspension and checked the driveshaft and it isnt rubbing anywhere. So since i dont have a gauge what is my best way to handle this? I am going to center the rear tomorrow, should i leave the rear suspension loaded when i make my adjustments? Thanks guys for the help. Oh where is the best place to get a gauge and how do i use it?thanks Charles
Old 10-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Coal Mining Director

It/s probably vibrating because you have too much pinion angle. Sears carries the circle angle finders cheap($10). Center everything up and go to Wolferacecraft.com and print off their pinion angle how to. Good luck. Markwilliams.com used to have a howto also.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info! i will check with them today.