Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi! Help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi! Help me decide!

2 years ago I bought a thrashed 1980 Corvette. My company is going to do a video of this cars resto-mod. The effort was to be called 'Project 80-540'. The original idea was a 540 inch big block, backed by a Richmond 6-speed. But, as gas prices are blasting off, fuel economy has become a bigger concern than before. We already have a big block Nova that uses fuel at an alarming rate, so that base is covered. Our Z06 Vette buddy raves about his Vette's fuel mileage AND performance. This is something that would work well with our plans. Plus, we wanted to keep everything under our stock Vette's hood. Another plus for an LS1. So, first, what are your opinions? Where does one find out all that's needed to know about LS1's? Is an LS6 a version of the LS1? What about the computer on the LS1? Does the engine/tranny combo of an LS1 have to retained for the computer to work? Could you do an LS1, Richmond 6 speed package? I guess I'd say I'd like the '80 to go about 12 flat in the quarter, or a bit quicker, and would consider a bit of laugh gas to achieve this. But still knock off decent mileage and have great driveabilty. Based on the time slips and performance/mileage reports over at the Z06 Forum, this is definatley something within reason. So, if you'd be so kind, let me know your thoughts on this idea. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2005, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vetski179
Where does one find out all that's needed to know about LS1's?
www.ls1tech.com oh wait
Old 10-15-2005, 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can't find your answers here, they don't exist.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:41 PM
8 second mod

in a vett that is totaled. have a good shop build you a mild setup. >>>>>
i use east side performance.
a stock block would work, just bolt on a good set of heads and a nice small drivable cam, the car will make 400 to the wheels easy.
wiring is easy. buy a painless harness, and a new computer. this will run your motor needs. then hard wire all your lights,windows, door locks ect to a new pannal.
its not hard, but will take time.
good luck
Old 10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by B-MAN
If you can't find your answers here, they don't exist.