Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride height vs. 60ft...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ride height vs. 60ft...

I trying to figure out if I should keep the nose of my car near stock height(measuring from the ground to the fender) or lower the car a little when I hit the strip. I have coilovers and right now it's a little lower than it used to be so I'm wondering if it's gonna help or hinder my 60fts. I lost 100lbs off the nose too. Isn't the lower the car the less parastatic(sp?) drag or wind resistance? Well, I assume that's the case looking at all the single digit cars and nascar. Thanks. -Mark
Old 10-17-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have always felt that my front end being slamed due to lowering springs and blown stock shocks have helped me lower my 60' times. while i dont get the cool wheels way up like some guys do, my launches are very consistent and the weight transfer is there. i think its a good idea. as for wind resistence going down the track i am not too sure it makes a difference at my level or trap speed. but it certainly cant hurt.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I trying to figure out if I should keep the nose of my car near stock height(measuring from the ground to the fender) or lower the car a little when I hit the strip. I have coilovers and right now it's a little lower than it used to be so I'm wondering if it's gonna help or hinder my 60fts. I lost 100lbs off the nose too. Isn't the lower the car the less parastatic(sp?) drag or wind resistance? Well, I assume that's the case looking at all the single digit cars and nascar. Thanks. -Mark

I got a 1.608 60' w/ my lowering springs and stock shocks. I've been told that lowering the car hurt your 60' times but I can't see any real reason for this. I'm going to look for some new springs, same ride height, but just higher spring rate. I think its the spring rate that makes the difference and not so much the height. Most lowering springs probably don't have much spring rate to them.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

1.47 60' on m/t drag radials here. front end is slammed to the ground
Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
1.47 60' on m/t drag radials here. front end is slammed to the ground
If you measure your car from the center of the fender right at the wheel well lip how high is it?
Do you drive it on the street?
Does it scrape every friggin bump u hit?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

it scrapes on speed bumps bad enough that i have to take it at angles (like lowriders). the front plastic air damn under the nose is only a few inches off the ground. my skinnys tuck into the front fender.