Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me get my shopping list together

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me get my shopping list together

I'm leaving for Iraq shortly, the car will be up and I'm going to make a shitload of money. Tell me about the setup I'm considering and if I need any changes. Everything is going to be ordered while I'm gone and chillin' when I come back ready to install.

-Kooks LT's 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8's (no emissions) with catted y pipe
-F-13 cam
-AFR 205 heads (Will these be plug and play? Well the Cam clear? I'm looking at keeping stock compression and pistons. Do they come assembled or do I have to pick the valvetrain components? I'm hoping to use stock rockers and lifters also)
-LS6 mainifold (would the fast 90/90 be better for this? Maybe a 100 shot nitrous in the distant future)
-all other necessary gaskets/parts for the install (LS6 oil pump, LS2 chain)

Anything else you would recommend? I was going to just do a cam and valvetrain upgrade but figure go ahead and get heads if I'm doing intake and headers also. Should make the job easier and give a bigger gain for the work involved. I'm doing the whole install myself and installing everything at the same time. Tuning is about an hour away, am I going to make it on stock tune? Finally, I'm hoping to net about 420 RWHP and low to mid 12's here at 4900 ft. What do you think my gains will be or can you recommend me a better setup. This is a for a strip and weekend DD.

Future mods are 100 shot and 4.11's

Last edited by joblo1978; 10-18-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're going to stay catted, then you should at least get A.I.R. fittings on your Kooks (01/02), as I believe they are used to pump air to the cats at start up.

If sticking with stock rockers, get with Nate @ Nasty and have him do the Harland Sharp rocker mod. you can send him your stockers or buy a set off ebay and send him those. SInce mine weren't being used, I sent him mine.

Good luck in IRAQ!