Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!

I love my car

Tonight I went for a short ride to get gas and food and it felt like everybody was just hardcore drooling over my car (you know when you're being looked at.)
1. at the gas station...I got a few glances...

2. leaving the gas station I purposely drove past a restuarant next door where 3 guys my age were outside staring, eyes glued as I drove by, I gave them some throttle note out my cutout.

3. Drive through at Wendy's I pulled around the bulding 2 guys were in the middle of the street and when they walked out the way eyes glued to my car, saw from my rear view as I drove away.

4. At a red light on my way home waiting to turn this guy was turning and looked at my car through his enitre turn, he looked kinda jealous

5. A few months ago I was out front of a packed movie theatre and there's were people everywhere...I was the only car out front slowly idling by with the T-tops off and a group of guys yelled "nice car!".

...and I was gonna clay and wax her today guess I can tomorrow....imagine all the looks ide get with a SS hood and a manta decal.

Now, I believe it's not only how good your car appears as a whole, but also the exhaust note and the stereotype that comes with owning a car, that's the other half of the looks you get, it's all in how that throtty note of our cars sound!!

So, what have you done to your car or what occasions do you remember when you have gotten looks or compliments on a nice ride?!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Only when it's light outside.

Me = Sexy
Old 10-18-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the car shows, I get alot of compliments, nice car, looks cool, etc
Getting gas, some gal, pulled in and said I just stopped to tell you that's the most gorgeous car I've ever seen
Old 10-18-2005, 09:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
At the car shows, I get alot of compliments, nice car, looks cool, etc
Getting gas, some gal, pulled in and said I just stopped to tell you that's the most gorgeous car I've ever seen
Aside from being a "sausage magnet", quite a few females state that they want my car.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

*great story*
I was at work (i work at a bar/restaurant) and at about 1am we were closing down and I always move my car from employee parking (way in the back) to right by the huge window by the bar so i can look at it and the drunks dont mess with it. And as i was stepping out of my car a customer says "hey were you on Ronald Reagan Blvd this afternoon at about 2:30pm?" and i just stood there for a second and realized that i was so i go "um. .yeah" and he goes "you drive like a jackass!" and walks away. . .

Iv never been so proud of myself

Yeah do you ever notice when your haulin *** down a 6-lane and some people will actually change lanes so i dont have to. Im serious people get out of my way. That never happened in my volvo (turbo bitch)! Maybe its just my imagination.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually have tons of girls that see my car's website and ask me if they can model with my car too. When at car shows, I always seem to have atleast 2 people come up and say they've seen my car around town / on CarDomain / on a forum / etc and like it. Normally my car gets a lot of looks in general when driving around, especially with the hood. The older guys all really notice it, because of the retro-Stingray part, and all the younger crowd notices it because it actually has personality compared to the other stock lookin FBodies around me. Otherwise, everyone always recognizes me everywhere... Honestly, I never can go a day without someone waving to me on the road and then I get an IM later that day "Hey man, I saw you on ______ today!" haha although it's not like my car blends in. As for what I've done that makes it stand out, the hood, stripes, and spoiler combination is the biggest thing that makes my car stand out. When people see the interior, they always recognize the headunit's faceplate mounted in my sunvisor.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
tc3
On The Tree

one time my brother was driving my moms 97 ws6 convert around in a parking lot at a winndixie and this couple that was walking into the store walked about 15 feet from it. The guy saw the car and just stopped... and the girl just ran right into him.......

Originally Posted by camaroextra
"hey were you on Ronald Reagan Blvd this afternoon at about 2:30pm?"
i think i saw you at the last light on ronald reagan blvd right before 17/92 spinning the hell outa your tires...

Last edited by tc3; 10-18-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Fiery Features Director

Yep... it sure does! I've had people follow me to work and to school because of the car. I always get people that pull up to me at stop lights and ask me to rev it up and get on it. I pull through the front of the school and I usually get a large group that walks out to the car. Heck, even my Algebra professor followed me to my car so he could check it out.... Then he gave me the keys to his Vette so I could fix it.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Yeah do you ever notice when your haulin *** down a 6-lane and some people will actually change lanes so i dont have to. Im serious people get out of my way. That never happened in my volvo (turbo bitch)! Maybe its just my imagination.
Noticed this myself, driving the wifes Jeep, nobody moves over, drive a WS6, and they practically trip over themselves to move over
Old 10-18-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

They don't kid when they say a car is an extention of ones self.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zangel
Yep... it sure does! I've had people follow me to work and to school because of the car. I always get people that pull up to me at stop lights and ask me to rev it up and get on it. I pull through the front of the school and I usually get a large group that walks out to the car. Heck, even my Algebra professor followed me to my car so he could check it out.... Then he gave me the keys to his Vette so I could fix it.
are you sure it's the CAR they're staring at????
Old 10-18-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

I was at the drags not too long ago and decided it was about time to head out. Unfortunately they made me park right behind the stands in the grass so I had to drive along the stands to avoid any potholes or large rocks on the way out. As I finally make my way out I get a call on my cell and it is my Dad telling me that he was watching from the other side as the entire south side of the stands did the "wave" as they turned around to check out the car as I rolled by, and most likely check out the hood that was just freshly painted with fire. Whether or not they were saying good or bad things I thought it was amusing that I could draw a reaction like that without even knowing it.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always have people looking at my car get complements whenever i stop somewhere. Usually if I have the T-tops off i'll get some girls waving or getting up beside me giggling and waving. I think the best complement i've gotten was the one from the hot milf that i see at my work all the time. She used to drive a 01 Z28 all stock and back in the day i used to take her grocerys out to her car when i was a bagger(5 years ago). I guess recently she saw me in it and one day in the store she came up to me and said she really liked my car and loved what i had done to it, it looks really sharp. Then she said that she had gotten rid of her's she needed more room.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

gotta love scaring people off the left lane...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I always have people trying to buy my cars...Esp the 69...I get ALOT of looks in both cars. Everywhere i go people either talk to me about the cars (mostly the 69 once again) or just want to look at it...Kinda funny but can get kinda annoying too when it just doesn't end...

William
Old 10-18-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

yeah when i drive my stang, no matter who you go by they just stare cause they havent seen a 05 like that so im gonna have to do some stuff to my ws6 to get the same reaction
Old 10-18-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by will69camaro
I always have people trying to buy my cars...Esp the 69...I get ALOT of looks in both cars. Everywhere i go people either talk to me about the cars (mostly the 69 once again) or just want to look at it...Kinda funny but can get kinda annoying too when it just doesn't end...

William
I did all the body and paint work on my friends 70 nova that had seen much better days. Ever since the car was finished last summer I cant go anywhere in it with him without somebody saying something to him about it. They want to know every little detail from the engine to paint and I am sure it could get old.

Here is the car just after we pulled it out of the booth...
Old 10-18-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I get compliments/stares/waves just about everytime I drive my car. The girls giggling is a good one too.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know my car turns heads, especially when they hear the sounds coming from what they usually think is a V6 Firebird, but I know it turns heads because I used to be one of those turning their heads to look at a firebird / trans am / camaro. I still drool over them whenever I see them
Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

when people hear me gas it, they expect to see an F body and turn their head to see a truck and are like WTF???

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL "Does Your Car Turn Heads?" Thread!