Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Driveshaft will not go back in?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft will not go back in?

I have a T-56 and I have just re-done my synchro and I also replace the output shaft bushing and seal now my driveshaft wont go back in. I think it is that bushing that I replaced. I look in the book that I have and It said do not replace the bushing unless damanged but it came with the Kit I got so I replaced it anyway. Why wont my Driveshaft go back in it is really tight fitting and you can only push it in an inch or two then it feels like that bushing is stopping it. Do I need to hone out the bushing or something? Help Please? I ready to take my car out again its been down for a week now.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Launching!

try to use rubber hammer pound in in, if it won't go, ask some tranny shop
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could you pull the tailhousing back off and try inserting the D/S into the housing?
You can also see from an inside point of view, where the D/S is stopping. If it fits fine, then it may be due to the splines. Maybe the tail shaft or the D/S was dinged.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

I found out what it was. For some reason if you replace that bushing you have to hone it out just enough were the draft shaft will go in. I dont know if that was right but it worked for me. I just took it out a few minutes ago and it shifts fine and there are no weird noises. My first transmission rebuild.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft will not go back in?