Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Clutch Help... Textralia owners in here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Clutch Help... Textralia owners in here.

I am currently running a single disk Carbon/Kevlar McLeod and this thing has juast chattered like a SOB since day one. My original McLeod adjustable master took a dump on me a couple months back, I replaced it with a stock master and now I can't get the clutch to disengage properly and of course makes shifting above 3k a real pain. I tossed the old master so I can't just get it rebuilt I would have to buy a new one at the tune of $300+ . It will still chatter and shake the fillings out of your head still, I am sure that there is probably something else wrong in there.

This is the same McLeod that everyone says is so smooth and chatter free . I am pretty sick of it.

Well... Byun Speed's running a really good sale price on the Textralia kits and I am now thinking that maybe I should just trash the McLeod and everything else in there for the Textralia kit. It would be only about $600 more than just the Mcleod master alone.

Has anyone gone from the Carbon/Kevlar McLeod to the Textralia in here? What are your impressions? How stiff is the pedal feel in comparison? How about chatter?

What flywheel would you recommend to be the least likely to chatter, and the best for a daily driver that sits in traffic a lot? The heavy Iron one right?

For reference, I want something that drives as nice as a z06 clutch. Unfortunately, my car is putting down a little over 500hp and will likely be over 550hp soon, a z06 would be toast and I have my doubts that the LS7 clutch would even hold up long.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went from LS6 to lighter weight billet steel Textralia, so can only give you my impressions. The chatter mellowed out after a few hundred miles. It doesn't drive like a stocker, but that's good once you understand how to use the clutch. The pedal feels the same as the stock LS6 to me.

I still get some chatter in reverse, but I only have a few hundred miles on it and 7 runs at the track.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I have the OZ700 on my Camaro. Light pedal feel (equal to or slightly lighter than stock.) The clutch will chatter a bit when feathering it or engaging at low RPM in 1st gear. No chatter once up and rolling. Bottom line, this clutch does not like to be "babied". It engages instantly when driven hard.

I can safely say the OZ700 will hold 375RWHP/363RWTQ no prob. It's claimed to hold up fine in cars exceeding 600-800HP. You should have no problems with your numbers.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Launching!

i got about 4000miles on mine already, after 500 miles and chatter free. mine does drive like stock if i want it to or i can make it grap like on/off clutch.
on the flywheel, they got new flywheel coming out and its light weight, durable. might consider that too.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the reply everyone!

Sorry Young, I have decided to just try to dicker around with another new McLeod Master with my current set up right now. For some reason I thought that I had seen that the Textralia came with a new adj. master... Mine's got to go and money is really tight right now, so I am going to just try to get what I have right now to work for now with a new master. Killer price though!