Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Directions for Removal of Seat Belts...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Directions for Removal of Seat Belts...

I can not seem to figure out how to get the rear and front seat belts out of the car. I want to remove my back seat and passenger seat for this Sat. I am having problems with mostly removing the rear speaker pannels to get to the belt itself. Also how to get the passenger seat belt out too. I do not want to hack up my car. Just pull it out for a the weekend and put it back the way it was un damaged.

TIA
Old 10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously?

ok. the plastic panels in the rear just pop off, well of course turn the lock on the passenger side one first. then you are looking at at couple of nuts to get the seatbelt off under there. the places where the belts themselves are strapped to the car under the carpet just use the proper size torque bit and some muscle and zip them out.

each bucket back there has a small bolt under it holding it in. the backrest has nuts and bolts on the bottom holding it in as well.

just look at it, its extremely easy to figure it all out.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the feedback. I know about the passenger side seatbelt and bottom seats. I guess I asked wrong. I am mainly concerned with getting the pannel off of the drivers rear speaker pannel behind the back seat. I felt in there and it is hooked on some how. I am affraid I am going to break it. Is there a trick, or just pull on the ******?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

the shirt hook has to come out first, just use a flathead and you'll see how you have to take it out.

g
Old 10-22-2005, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

you must remove the speaker sheild from the pannel on the driver side then you will find a small torques screw holding the pannel at the speaker once you remove that screw it will pop off