Sponsored by:

newbie ? on converter

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie ? on converter

Alright guys & gals,
forgive my ignorance as i ask my noob question.
i did some research on which converter would best fit my needs and i have narrowed my choices to a 3000 & 3500, leaning more to the 3000.
Now, i called a local shop that is "known" for quality converters and they basically told me that i needed an after market cam. They don't make converters for stock applications.
my question is; is this true or can i still install a converter & tranny cooler in my setup? i plan on getting it tuned for everything as i did not do that after my header install.

PS
i was planning on doing the cam swap at the same time however; i have some $$$ issues that will not allow me to afford everything at once, hence the reason i was asking on just a converter install.
thanks in advance!!
Old 10-20-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

You don't need a cam for a 3000+ stall, hell there are guys running 4000 stalls on just bolt-on car's. I just installed a Yank SS3800 on my car with just lid and exahust and I love it! If you have the cash i'd look into a Yank SS3600 or the SS3200. I believe there is a GP going on here for Yank converters in the sponcers sales and GP forum.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Thats im running a stall with the stock cam as well a many other people do. Get that stall and have some fun.