Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can a tune go bad? need help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can a tune go bad? need help.

well i had my car tuned by a shop using hp tuners a while back..about a month after they tuned i started experiencing a few problems that are slowly getting worse..my problem is not the power..the power is still good, but its the idle. when i start my car it has to hunt for the idle a while and it used to be perfect, and when i come up to stop signs it wants to die and that also used to not happen at all..the good thing is i got my own hp tuners software on the way. so i can edit this stuff and fix it myself hopefully. since i know im gonna put more mods on that will require tuning i figured i may as well learn it myself instead of paying alot of money each time to tune it..but back to the issue, is this just a case of the computer making its own adjustments? or could i have a vaccum leak? input would be appreciated..thanks..
Old 10-21-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

tttttt
Old 10-21-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

mine did that to when I used a can tune from hptuner repository it was a preditor tune. when I learned more about what I was looking at I realized it was a very shitty tune anyways and I custom tuned it myself on the street and it is golden. never found out what it was that made it do that but hasnt done it since. hope that helps.
~Guy
Old 10-21-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
mine did that to when I used a can tune from hptuner repository it was a preditor tune. when I learned more about what I was looking at I realized it was a very shitty tune anyways and I custom tuned it myself on the street and it is golden. never found out what it was that made it do that but hasnt done it since. hope that helps.
~Guy
well see in my case the tune i had was a good tune cause it was put in by a reputable shop..thanks for the suggestions though..
Old 10-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd suggest looking at the switching nature of your
O2 sensors, if they're slacking it will drive false fuel
trim learning especially about idle and low cruise
where exhaust heat is low.