Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor or just the way they idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default knock sensor or just the way they idle

my 98 T/A had a miss in it about 2 months ago, i took it from dealership to dealership and it ended up being a knock sensor that went bad. well that knock sensor was pretty corroded and i know that these cars have two, one right in front of the other, so i told them to check the other one too, they said it was fine, but let me say that the work being done is "warranty work", so they are pretty much told that if it is not necessary, dont fix it!

Well the other night i noticed that at idle the car had the slightest miss, but it only happens when the car gets really warmed up. and i only drive the car on the weekends so maybe switching from a nissan altima to my v8 T/A im just not used to a rougher idle. I have a friend who has a 2002 T/A and i think his idles the same way, how do your cars idle? it is completely smooth or is there a slight lope or miss in there? I would just wait until it got worse and then know it's a knock sensor, but i need the car next weekend, so i just wonder if i should chance it and have them look at it, the only thing is that if the car is fine, then i have to pay for the dealership to look at it. So what do you guys think.........
Old 10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bone stock, my '02 didn't have the smoothest idle. I wouldn't call it lopey. It was more of a stumble. A tune can fix this. Make sure that the maintainence items (plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc) are in good shape.