Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Found 2ea: JL 6W0

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found 2ea: JL 6W0

WOO HOO ... I went to the local audio source and was getting a wiring harness adapter for the wifes ... uuuhhhh ,,, accord (yes I have partaken of the rice ... but that doesen't mean I liked it ) seriously though I did talk her into the V6 coupe so it's almost not rice

anyway I just happend to ask while I was there if they had anything in the 6.75" range with some decent mid to low bass response perferably dual voice coil. I've been waiting ... and waiting for the guys over at Elemental designs to get back with me about a possible DVC they may have that may work. so he show me a couple componet sets .. none of which were all that great or if they were were way outa my price range then he goes to the back and pulls out the "box" ... says I though we were out of these but they'll drop righ in ... single voice coil though. With the good things I've heard on hear about then I went ahead and gottem as they weren't much more than the pair I've been watching on ebay (that end tonight BTW) by the time you pay S&H. and they were brand spankin new!

I get to play tonight I'm going to wir it to just 2 of the wires first ... then hook it up bridged ... then series with the 4 wires on the connector just to see which sounds the best ... yes I know bridged will drop the monsoon amp to 2 ohm ... possibly 1 depending on the "internal" routing of the 4 diffrent wires going into for diffrent pins on the amp, that part no one seem to know for sure and to boot monsoon's web site is down and their new one is STILL coming soon

I'll let you guy know how it turn out ... worse case I have to put in my pioneer 100watt rms per channel amp to them bad boys and watch them jump